Question about hiding menu items....
I am pretty good with customizing this skin and it is my favorite way to experience XBMC by far. I would like to be able to trim down some of my menus though. Let me explain :

Specifically, I set up a main menu item next to TV and Movies called "streams" and linked it to a favorite (my video add-ons). I have 2 questions in regard to this:

1.) Can I customize that menu so that not all of my video addons show? Some of them are just required for other addons etc, so my menu, which I like to use in infowall, is getting crowded

2.) Some of my addons in infowall view don't show any fanart or thumbs. Instead they show the XBMC default addon picture. Can I manually add the fanart so I get the same effect for all of my video addons?

Thanks for taking the time to read this. It seems like minor issues, but I'm so close to perfection on my new setup.
1) Add the video-addon itself to your Favorites

2) propably can be done but my XBMC knowledge is to limited to help on that Smile

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
I'm sure I can add all of the ones I want to my favorites, but then I am unaware of a way I could make them all show up under one menu.
Maybe with Custom video nodes? This is only available in pre-Frodo builds though.

It says in the wiki that the path can be "any valid XBMC path".

I may be misunderstanding the usage though...
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
How about you make a Menu with nothing attached to it with submenu reflecting each video-add on

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
I don't see a way custom nodes will work with addons. Seems to be more like playlists. Also it says it won't work with Edent. As for the empty menu item, I would rather deal with a more cluttered screen than to miss out on having the nice infowall view.
OK. I figured out how to add fanart to the items that were missing. It's just a matter of adding a custom fanart.jpg into the addons folder. Hiding, them still seems to be eluding me. Barring that, can I rearrange them so that the ones I don't really want to see will be off the screen anyways?
Bump. There just has to be someone out there that knows how this is possible.
it is not possible to hide add-ons. better use submenus or item panel widgets to have direct access to all from within main menu.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Could I request a custom list option for menus in XBMC then?
(2012-09-06, 04:44)dkplayaclub Wrote: Could I request a custom list option for menus in XBMC then?

you can use quicklist, perhaps that suits your needs.
main menu customizer --> custom item --> select function --> quicklist
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Question about hiding menu items....0