ATV1 AirPlay with Crystal HD card
Hi, is airplay from an IOS device still supported on atv1 via ethernet when you replace the wifi card with a crystal hd card? Sold on the hd card but really need airplay still to work. Thanks!
It will work just fine with ethernet.
Thanks - all installed and airplay working well. Is there a way to check on whether the card has actually been activated? I've noticed CPU usage has gone down.
You should see it listed in Settings/Videos/Playback (wiki) for "Allow hardware acceleration" (it will only show up as an option if the card is correctly installed, along with the drivers).
I have both AppleTv1 with crystal hd card installed too.
Just curious: to be able to use Airplay is it enough to enable "Allow XBMC to receive AirPlay content" on Xbmc or do I need something else installed?
That's all that's needed.
All involved devices have to be in the same subnet for airplay to work and zeroconf has to be turned on (should be done automatically once airplay is enabled).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thanks for your answers.
I've looked at the log and it says that Airplay is started successfully.
I would like to video stream from my MBP (10.6.8) using Airparrot or Airflick but it seems they both can't discover the AppleTV on my LAN (same subnet).
Probably I'm missing something.

AirParrot won't work because it's using the same encryption that Apple uses for their AirPlay mirroring. Not sure on Airflick. Have you tried seeing if iTunes finds the ATV1?
No, iTunes does not find the AppleTv as it does not show any icon on the bottom right of the main panel.
I guess it is related to some Bonjour problem and to the fact that MBP is not able to resolve Appletv.local (I can ssh to Atv1 just using its IP)

Anyway, after some better research, I believe I'm out of luck for the following reasons:
1. I'm interested on Airplay Mirroring that XBMC currently does not support.
2. My MBP is mounting Snow Leopard that does not support Airplay Mirroring.
3. Even installing Mountain Lion, my MBP is "too old" (mid 2010) to support Airplay Mirroring.

Game over and, again, thanks for your help !.
Just checked and could not see the option for Allow Hardware Acceleration so opened up the atv and re-installed the card. Still nothing. I am also running atv flash and installed the crystal hd driver from the menu option.

Appreciate some thoughts on what next?
(2012-10-13, 06:48)Junglist Wrote: Just checked and could not see the option for Allow Hardware Acceleration so opened up the atv and re-installed the card. Still nothing. I am also running atv flash and installed the crystal hd driver from the menu option.

Appreciate some thoughts on what next?

Could be a dud card. I've had one of those before.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV1 AirPlay with Crystal HD card1