Win Best picture quality player
Whats the best picture quality player to use out there? (able to play, dvd, mkv, 3d movies, iso, bdmv,..)
Is it xbmc self..
Arcsoft TMT 5?
Powerdvd 11?
MPC-HC+Madvr?

A lot of the viewers use ffdshow code considered at the edge of PQ, and XBMC is not an exception even if the code is a bit behind. Most recent builds have newer code. Reading the XBMC.org blogs etc... will keep you up-to-date and the progress. The 'other' players are mostly using proprietary code and as such is not open to scrutiny and when it comes down to PQ this can be plenty subjective and is one of the reasons XBMC devs allow hooks for external players. I used to think MPC-HC was the best, but I've compared enough to know that XBMC has features and ease of use that make it the predominate viewer for me. It should be noted that gfx card and the type of display set-up (does your panel have 1:1 pixel mapping?) can determine final PQ and then of course 4K is here.. http://www.extremetech.com/electronics/1...r-4k-uhdtv

Well all seem to have their falts..
Xbmc is nice and good but problems with bdmv and subtitles and no menus
Mpc no menus
Powerdvd now and then a bluray which stutter
Same for tmt 5 , doesnt work good, stutter with ati... Unless you can find matest version

So theres not 1 final solution for me

And yes my tv does 1:1 pixel mapping

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best picture quality player0