Sound Card
At the moment I have XBMC Ubuntu on a pc that only has onboard sound. I have it connected to a soundbar with an audio cable that has the 1/8 inch plugs on each end. I've also tried using the 1/8 inch jack from the onboard sound to the RCA jacks on my soundbar. No matter how I connect it, the soundbar can be at max volume and volume is turned up all the way in XBMC, but I can barley hear it. I've been through the audio settings in XBMC and don't see anything that I can change to make it louder ... I'm not sure what the solution is here ... Is there something I can change to make it louder or would buying a new sound card with optical fix my issue? If so, any suggestions on the card? It needs to be a low profile card.
Are you using alsa drivers? Try typing 'alsamixer' at a command prompt and check if your mixer settings are turned all the way down.
(2012-09-04, 02:03)rdarwish Wrote: Are you using alsa drivers? Try typing 'alsamixer' at a command prompt and check if your mixer settings are turned all the way down.

Command prompt? How do I get a command prompt in XBMCuButnu?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sound Card0