• 3(current)
Release XBMC Immersive
Things have been a bit quiet but I wanted to let everyone know development has continued. At the moment, I'm prepping a Alpha 2 release with included support for TV Show Next Aired, Global Search, Movie Actor Info, PseudoTV and Traktr addons. These are now finished and ready for testing.

I've been busy fixing a few issue / changes made in the recent week or two regarding XBMC (multi image support, dialog changes, etc.) and taking some time off to enjoy some of the new Fall TV show lineup.

I just wanted to post a preview of the new alternate home screen I just added and get some feedback about it. Leave a comment and let me know what you think. What works, what doesn't, what you think I may need to look at addressing. It's been simplified - something a couple people had issues with the old home screen - and I think it fits in pretty well with the rest of the skin.

*Alternate home screen inspired by Tweetro

TV Show Next Aired addon
Love that new home screen, have to say I found the old one a bit too cluttered and that looks on the surface a load better.

That TV show next aired is possibly the best implementation I've seen on all the skins so far.

Been following this skin for a while and have to say it might be the one that takes me away from reFocus...

Great work!
Agree, the new home menu looks really good ! Go for it Smile
Hey Sranshaft,

I really like what you've got so far, but I have one gripe/suggestion...

Although the home and explore sections look great, they are painfully tedious to navigate. Horizontal navigation should be swift, and each subsection should only need one click to get past. At the moment you have scroll bars for each subsection, and some of the subsections have to be scrolled though in order to move on to the next one. The scrollbars are like obstacles and the horizontal subsections are simply annoying (the featured subsection is the worst culprit). I actually love the horizontal scrolling in regards to accessing content, but it can get really frustrating and at times confusing.

If I was you I would stick to one simple rule; only combine horizontal menus with vertical scrolling subsections. Otherwise they contradict each other, which isn't idiot friendly. Of course the scroll bars should be visible as an indication of position and to visually split subsections, but they definitely do not need to be selectable/functional. At the moment Immersive is my most highly anticipated project, hopefully this suggestion has some sort of influence...

Smile
Hi sranshaft,

Looking fantastic!
Do you have plans for PVR support now that it's been merged in mainline?
When i get home on the weekend, i will be testing out this skin. I love simplistic designs, this ticks all the boxes in that respect (minus PVR support).

Cheers,
loggio.

Don't know how I have missed out on this but great work so far.
Hi!

Any idea why XBMC crashes when used with Eden?

This would make a perfect skin for my XBMC installation - I have a quite small screen (32") - many of the other skins available are simply not readable because of the small fonts used fot huge TV sets.

Great work - thanks for submitting!
(2012-10-30, 10:24)agentshoe Wrote: Hi!

Any idea why XBMC crashes when used with Eden?

This would make a perfect skin for my XBMC installation - I have a quite small screen (32") - many of the other skins available are simply not readable because of the small fonts used fot huge TV sets.

Great work - thanks for submitting!

Read the OP!
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Sorry, I am new to this forum - what's the OP?
(2012-10-30, 20:01)agentshoe Wrote: Sorry, I am new to this forum - what's the OP?

opening post

welcome btw Smile

always read first post since those usually contain info and download links
Oh and by the way if you need anyone to test this and report back any bugs I'm volunteering!
Like the vertical text, tough it could be a bit more bold to create more of a surface. So it becomes more of a design element then just vertical text.
Also like the next aired show listing items (bit web 2.0), but the focused one is a bit too hard. Specially because the items are so soft.
I know that's the tiles idea, but they could be a bit closer in hard vs soft.
Maybe some subtle line work could also add to it. Like how you did the scrollbar in the alt. home screen.

Hope that's some useful thoughts Smile
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
If you are still using randomitems and watchlist better switch to 'skin widgets' for Frodo
Skin works great, missing thing is that you cant use the subtitles addon, love the way it mimics the windows 8 app open windows. Really nice
(2012-11-05, 20:21)Vortex1 Wrote: Skin works great, missing thing is that you cant use the subtitles addon, love the way it mimics the windows 8 app open windows. Really nice

Subtitle support will be included in the next update.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Immersive26