• 21(current)
Release XBMC Immersive
I love the looks,
but for some reason, i only see settings Icon at main screen. No video's no music, nothing, only a settings icon.
And there's a filename in the left top corner thats always showing, cant turn it off at debbuging settings.

--edit--
Seems like everything was turned off Smile; I switched everything back on, now its looking normal.
Good news everyone!

Check out the exciting news about XBMC and the future of home media consumption! Immersive just got official perhaps? Wink

http://xbmc.org/natethomas/2013/04/01/xb...its-roots/

This news comes a brand spanking new version of Immersive to go with it. Too many updates to list but there's bug-fixes aplenty, cleaner designs and even more windows have that tasty metro goodness we've all come to love!

As always, get your fix by downloading it from here.
(2013-04-01, 21:00)Sranshaft Wrote: Good news everyone!

Check out the exciting news about XBMC and the future of home media consumption! Immersive just got official perhaps? Wink

This news comes a brand spanking new version of Immersive to go with it. Too many updates to list but there's bug-fixes aplenty, cleaner designs and even more windows have that tasty metro goodness we've all come to love!

LOL!
I think I will hold off on updating at least until tomorrow
Nice skin.
Thx and keep going
(2013-04-01, 21:00)Sranshaft Wrote: Good news everyone!

Coming to this skin through this "announcement"! Happy to have discovered it to spruce up the look of XMBC on my Pi. It's beautiful! Will be following updates (looking forward to Live TV support)! Thanks for all the hard work!
Boxee already made this LOL
Oh wow... This skin looks gorgeous. This is the problem I had with XBMC was all the skins kind of looked the same. This finally steps out. A couple others do too but too many look way too close to eachother.

I'm SERIOUSLY surprised that some company hasn't recognized how useful this could be and started pairing this with a set top box for mass sales. Instead they waste resources making their own interface when a free one is out there lol.
also came here from the april fool msg Smile

like the skin alot. would like to see the background follow through to the movie/tv/videofiles etc. sections if no fanart. (atm it's just black)
also love the posters view - but would like to see year and rating in the top box insted of total time Smile i know it changes after x seconds.

i feel it misses an up/dn left/right way to get the menu in focus. atm you have to use the mouse - or am i missing something?
oh,i have to say this is the coolest skin for xbmc that i've ever seen!
and i had changed my favorite skin from boxee inspirat to this skin!
but to the moment i realized that you mod my old favorite skin become more perfect!
cheer!
very nice! im a big fan of the metro design (it captivated me since I first seen it on my ZuneHD) very nice to see a skin for xbmc, and for the most part I feel its really well done!

my cons:

1) when selecting "movies" and "TV shows" it would be nice to have an option to skip the selection screen and allow it to just default on one category when you click the section (in my case I'd have it go strait to title when i click "TVshows" and "movies"

2) I feel the OSD, while it looks nice, is a bit to intrusive, sometimes you have to pause movies or shows to read a subtitle and such, and with the pause OSD so big and bulky it can hinder reading them.

other thoughts:

it would be cool if you can manage to add that scroll effect that you have in the windows 8 start screen, though i get the feeling XBMC has a limitation there Tongue

overall it is very well done and really feels metro! OSD issue is a bit of a deal breaker for me, but keep going! I'll keep an eye on this skin, and hope someday I can use it!
(2012-09-04, 12:35)Sranshaft Wrote:
(2012-09-04, 12:21)noiz13 Wrote: -when you select movie or serie's you go to a menu for year actor title instead of movie list

- This is the normal behavior. Clicking on the Movies / TV Shows / Music tile on the home menu takes you to a landing screen for the specific "app". From there, you have access to the Featured, Recently Added and Recently Watched sections specific to that "app". I don't think I'll be changing this behaviour.

The above is a real let down, I'd rather see the list of movies first and then sort them if I need to. Also noticed the "Details" section in Movie information seems to not calculate file size and some media flag icons are missing.

Love this theme and can't wait till it's completed.
(2013-04-02, 01:30)XopherTaylor Wrote: Coming to this skin through this "announcement"! Happy to have discovered it to spruce up the look of XMBC on my Pi. It's beautiful! Will be following updates (looking forward to Live TV support)! Thanks for all the hard work!

(2013-04-02, 19:45)tential Wrote: Oh wow... This skin looks gorgeous. This is the problem I had with XBMC was all the skins kind of looked the same. This finally steps out. A couple others do too but too many look way too close to eachother.

(2013-04-02, 20:24)explodedk Wrote: also came here from the april fool msg Smile

like the skin alot. would like to see the background follow through to the movie/tv/videofiles etc. sections if no fanart. (atm it's just black)

(2013-04-03, 10:36)haicaoboi87 Wrote: oh,i have to say this is the coolest skin for xbmc that i've ever seen!
and i had changed my favorite skin from boxee inspirat to this skin!
but to the moment i realized that you mod my old favorite skin become more perfect!
cheer!

Thanks for the kind words and I'm happy you're enjoying the skin.

(2013-04-02, 19:10)Randall Lind Wrote: Boxee already made this LOL

Eh, okay? Not sure what Boxee has to do with Metro or this skin at all...

(2013-04-02, 20:39)explodedk Wrote: also love the posters view - but would like to see year and rating in the top box insted of total time Smile i know it changes after x seconds.

i feel it misses an up/dn left/right way to get the menu in focus. atm you have to use the mouse - or am i missing something?

This skin is primarily made with a remote / keyboard in mind. I've made some accommodations in regards to mouse users but there will always be drawbacks when the primary input isn't used. If you'd prefer to use the keyboard / remote to get to the appbar menu, make sure Enable mouse / touch screen support is disabled under Personalize > Keyboard + Touch; as well as, Enable mouse input is disabled under System > Input.

(2013-04-03, 23:16)asskickulater Wrote: very nice! im a big fan of the metro design (it captivated me since I first seen it on my ZuneHD) very nice to see a skin for xbmc, and for the most part I feel its really well done!

my cons:

1) when selecting "movies" and "TV shows" it would be nice to have an option to skip the selection screen and allow it to just default on one category when you click the section (in my case I'd have it go strait to title when i click "TVshows" and "movies"

Please see my post regarding the reasoning behind the Hub screens here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1370139

I've included the needed changes if you wish to change this behaviour in the post. I won't be supporting this change though.

(2013-04-03, 23:16)asskickulater Wrote: 2) I feel the OSD, while it looks nice, is a bit to intrusive, sometimes you have to pause movies or shows to read a subtitle and such, and with the pause OSD so big and bulky it can hinder reading them.

I agree with you and have pushed a change to GitHub to fix this behaviour. The OSD seekbar will now disappear after 5 second of inactivity.

(2013-04-03, 23:16)asskickulater Wrote: other thoughts:

it would be cool if you can manage to add that scroll effect that you have in the windows 8 start screen, though i get the feeling XBMC has a limitation there Tongue

overall it is very well done and really feels metro! OSD issue is a bit of a deal breaker for me, but keep going! I'll keep an eye on this skin, and hope someday I can use it!

As you've suspected, it's doable but a pain in the ass.

(2013-04-04, 11:57)unwittinglyrad Wrote: The above is a real let down, I'd rather see the list of movies first and then sort them if I need to.

Please see my response to 'asskickulater' regarding this issue.

(2013-04-04, 11:57)unwittinglyrad Wrote: Also noticed the "Details" section in Movie information seems to not calculate file size and some media flag icons are missing.

This is an XBMC issue. Nothing I can do about it really. It's there in case it ever gets fixed in XBMC. I'll look into the media flag icons. If you happen to know which ones aren't appearing let me know and I'll push a fix for it.

In other news...

I just wanted to give a huge "Thank you" to Natethomas for including me in this year's April Fools joke. I saw a lot of hate in the comments; but, at the end of the day, I hope everyone saw the humour in it.
(2013-04-04, 12:54)Sranshaft Wrote:
(2013-04-04, 11:57)unwittinglyrad Wrote: The above is a real let down, I'd rather see the list of movies first and then sort them if I need to.

Please see my response to 'asskickulater' regarding this issue.

Damn, aren't I an ass for missing the post. Thanks, got it working!

Quote:
(2013-04-04, 11:57)unwittinglyrad Wrote: Also noticed the "Details" section in Movie information seems to not calculate file size and some media flag icons are missing.

This is an XBMC issue. Nothing I can do about it really. It's there in case it ever gets fixed in XBMC. I'll look into the media flag icons. If you happen to know which ones aren't appearing let me know and I'll push a fix for it.

After digging into the videos database file, I found the fix. Almost all my video files in the streamdetails table were listed as using "DCA" for audio. The solution, I duplicated the dts.png in media/flags/audio to dca.png and the issue was sorted. Perhaps include this fix/file in your next update?
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Immersive26