• 2(current)
Why not WMC as backend?
Bummer. I think Frodo also contains some new audio features, so try going to settings>system>audio and make sure the settings are correct (try turning off HD audio). If you have already tried that, then you could also try some of the newer Frodo builds or nightlies.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
Yeah; in particular also check that you've set the correct Audio Output Device (cycle through them to be sure).

Been using Alpha 3 for the last few months for the same reason (WTV support); it's very stable overall... Although the new PVR Support will have me jumping onto the next alpha for sure Big Grin
@Krusty - thanks again. I checked the audio settings on the ION2 ASUS box and they were set to analog and HDMI which is what I send to the TV in that room and no-go. I tried Alpha 5 too with the same results. I was also getting choppy video. That said, I went back to Eden 11.0 and all is good. I will wait and check out some nightlies when I have a few cycles to kill.

BTW, I had similar issues (no audio and choppy video) on my main media box (AMD 4650 GPU) with frodo alpha 3 too.

@kreeturez - I will write down all my settings on the stable 11.0 and try again when I get a moment with Alpha 3 and make sure the same settings are selected.
I have seen the choppy video and no audio with alpha-3 too, but I was able to fix it by turning off the HD audio settings in Frodo (ati 6450 machine). On another one of my mc computers (an nv-based system), the fix was to download the video newest driver. Just FYI if you decide to try again.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
For me- I use 7MCE as frontend, and I link XBMC to it. Here is how I do it- post #571....it works very well together....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-09-24, 01:14)bluray Wrote: For me- I use 7MCE as frontend, and I link XBMC to it. Here is how I do it- post #571....it works very well together....

751?

ATM I am searching the right base for a new htpc - Win vs. Linux, vdr vs. WMC, etc., so I am very interested in this topic!
(2012-09-26, 15:20)Haudrauf Wrote:
(2012-09-24, 01:14)bluray Wrote: For me- I use 7MCE as frontend, and I link XBMC to it. Here is how I do it- post #571....it works very well together....

751?

ATM I am searching the right base for a new htpc - Win vs. Linux, vdr vs. WMC, etc., so I am very interested in this topic!
Click the link and install "XBMC Windows 7 Media Center Integration 2.1". Launch 7MCE, and you should be able to launch XBMC within 7MCE UI.......

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
bluray,

thank you!

I will test it with Windows Media Center on Win7 64bit Enterprise Edition and try it for myself. I hope there is no difference to 7MCE.
Hi bluray,
after tweaking the Registry Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Teknowebworks, LLC\XBMCIntegration\ProgramPath it works quite well - I will test it thouroughly Smile
You may want to follow nextpvr - updated release due out this weekend
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
I'm interested to know if Frodo will allow WMC as a backend... that would be a charm.
(2012-10-01, 04:37)kristjin Wrote: I'm interested to know if Frodo will allow WMC as a backend... that would be a charm.

XBMC will never ever ever officially support WMC -- WMC is a dead (but still available for now) product for Microsoft

I use WMC to record some shows and then I use XBMC to play them back. Works perfectly.

I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
(2012-10-02, 21:12)Livin Wrote:
(2012-10-01, 04:37)kristjin Wrote: I'm interested to know if Frodo will allow WMC as a backend... that would be a charm.

XBMC will never ever ever officially support WMC -- WMC is a dead (but still available for now) product for Microsoft

I use WMC to record some shows and then I use XBMC to play them back. Works perfectly.

Man, that's sad to hear. I had read a while back the MS disbanded the MC team and filtered them throughout the Windows 8 team. But as a Windows user with a cable card product in the US, it would be great to have the content I'm paying for directly available in my media center software of choice. Sad Darn!

(2012-10-02, 23:35)kristjin Wrote:
(2012-10-02, 21:12)Livin Wrote:

Man, that's sad to hear. I had read a while back the MS disbanded the MC team and filtered them throughout the Windows 8 team. But as a Windows user with a cable card product in the US, it would be great to have the content I'm paying for directly available in my media center software of choice. Sad Darn!

I also use a CableCard and WMC is the only Windows based MC that can utilize it. I would also like to see support for a WMC backend.

I've been using WMC as my primary PVR for ~7 years. I also use Remote Potato and XBMC to access my recordings throughout the house and over the net. Contrary to what has been said, WMC is not "dead" quite yet. It is included in the upgrade version of Windows 8 Pro and available as a download for Windows 8 Standard. My hope is that after the Windows 8 launch, WMC will get more development time. Being a separate app should allow for easier updates and hopefully more features. If this latest bit of bad news from the FCC is any indication, WMC will be the only viable CableCard backend after ALL channels are encrypted and copy-once:
FCC Allows Basic Cable Encryption

The one upshot to the news is that cable providers will be required to offer IPTV streams of encrypted content. Perhaps this will enable more backends access to content.

• 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why not WMC as backend?11