Linux Stop XBMC From Trapping Mouse
I have two displays set up on my Linux box, one is a 27" which is just used for viewing media (namely from XBMC) and the other is a 20" which is my main monitor. I like to keep XBMC open on the 27" so that I can just turn the TV on and it's there or keep it on in the background while I'm doing stuff on the main monitor. The problem that I've always had on XBMC 11 is that when it is fullscreen on the 27" it traps the mouse and I can't use it on the 20".

I figured out a way to fix it in KDE by setting special window settings that remove the titlebar and frame, then in XBMC I set it to windowed so that I can move seamlessly from one monitor to another, the problem is that I can't remember how I did it before this way since I've had it set to clone the displays for a while and now with it being separate X displays, XBMC is stuck at 1680x1050 on the 27" when it should be 1920x1080 (the resolution which is set via nvidia-settings), when I have it fullscreen it sets itself to 1920x1080 like it should be.

Is there a simple option or some config change that I can do so that XBMC won't trap the cursor when it's fullscreen so I don't have to go through all this crap?
Does the following help?

System > Settings > System > Input devices > Enable mouse and Touch Screen support (unselect it)

Full-screen XBMC without locking the mouse

That is what I do.

Jerry
That seems to do pretty much what I'm doing in KDE Undecided thanks though.
XBMC can't do anything about it, it's done by SDL. Work is in progress to get rid of SDL, then this problem will be fixed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stop XBMC From Trapping Mouse0