Recording in progress - Playback doesnt know the file is growing
Rainbow 
(2015-04-14, 20:34)Sheik Yerbouti Wrote: ... I wish I could have the same functionality in Kodi

Me too! Would avoid to stop+restart to skip add breaks
Would love to see this improved as well
(2015-04-14, 20:34)Sheik Yerbouti Wrote: So from that moment on it should be 00:40:00, but it's 00:20:01 and counting and I can't skip through the file. Fast forward is available, but when I reach the real end time using fast forward, the current play position goes to the beginning of the file.
Now, this is pretty basic pvr functionality. Nextpvr does this very well (no, not in Kodi of course) and so does my Samsung TV when I pause live tv. I wish I could have the same functionality in Kodi, or even the smallest signal that someone is working on this. It would be very good for the WAF in my household Smile

This has been my experience as well and I agree completely. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear as if anyone is working on this.
I last played with Kodi (xbmc at the time) more than a year ago but ultimately abandoned it for this reason. We like to schedule all of our TV to record in case we aren't in the room precisely when shows start, but quite often we'll start watching the 11 o'clock news, for example, while the recording is still in-progress. I recently decided to take another stab at this, but was disappointed to see that a year later, in Kodi 15.1, this still doesn't work properly. I am using the latest NextPVR (3.5.7) as the backend. Still looking for a current solution that works as well as SnapStream BeyondTV.
I would like to second this (maybe third?) This is basic pvr functionality that should be a priority to get working.
(2015-09-18, 20:30)kalidomra Wrote: I would like to second this (maybe third?) This is basic pvr functionality that should be a priority to get working.

I posted in the Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2109239

The response I got was:

(2015-09-18, 16:12)*Roma* Wrote: Yes, this is fixed in DSPlayer, playback of in-progress recordings is possible with NextPVR, MediaPortal and ArgusTV.
Links on the first page.

I plan to try this on the weekend.
Any update? Did the DSPlayer version of Kodi fix this issue?
Hi all

I have just made the shift from DVBlink to Mediaportal. I was surprised to see that this was an issue - and that it is only a few PVR addons that have managed to fix skipping in timeshifted files.

Similar to others above, if I start watching a show 15 mins after it started - it'll report that it's a 15 min file. These days there isn't an issue with watching past that 15 minute point. The problem that remains is if you try and skip a commercial after that point. It will always jump back and start playback at the 15 minute mark. This was not an issue with DVBLink, so I guess there is a way around this.

Is there something in the pipeline that would address this?
No. Btw this problem was reported 3 years ago, so it seems not possible to be fixed
In principle it should be fairly straightforward to work out when a recording started, and what is the current time, and base it on that.

I guess this might be more of a hack than a fix, so I don't know if this approach would be permitted.
So I have been searching for a solution to this issue also. I have found using one of the transcoding profiles in tvheadend whie just copying the stream so not actually transcoding, works okay, allowing one skip to live without stopping the playback.

This is what I don't get- Server WMC does this perfectly, showing a full hour for example, and then a progress of both the recording and current position.
This page - http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/13309
Implies that this is not an issue -

Changed 16 months ago by opdenkamp
you should not be using nfs to playback pvr recordings. this issue won't occur when you play the entry from the pvr recordings window.

My last thought is that I use the advanced settings to set my live tv buffer at 20% minimum, but that doesn't make a buffer for a recording. If it did, then the buffer would constantly load and keep it playing like it does live. Is there a way to enable this?
Is there any definite response on this? It seemed a bit ambiguous in other threads -- Is there a solution to this (e.g. "this issue won't occur when you play the entry from the pvr recordings window")? It always happens for me within MythTV recordings.

I am using mythtv.pvr add-on to view in-progress recordings from my MythTV backend. I watch many of my programs this way (chasing real-time of an in-progress recording), I get this effect often. This scenario seems pretty fundamental to a PVR's function, so hopefully I'm just missing something.
> Is there any definite response on this?
Yes, does still not work Big Grin
From a design perspective this is hard to realise with the current PVR architecture. There will be a big change in v18 that splits all streaming relevant function from PVR extension point to inputstream (this is another type of addon). The inputstream API will consider this as requirement.
Of course, all PVR addon authors are required to adapt their addons.
(2016-06-15, 19:21)FernetMenta Wrote: From a design perspective this is hard to realise with the current PVR architecture. There will be a big change in v18 that splits all streaming relevant function from PVR extension point to inputstream (this is another type of addon). The inputstream API will consider this as requirement.
Of course, all PVR addon authors are required to adapt their addons.

Hi, just wondering whether there are still plans to improve the handling of in-progress recordings in v18 ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recording in progress - Playback doesnt know the file is growing1