Why i3-3225 ?
(2012-09-15, 18:45)bluray Wrote: I wouldn't worry too much about what is better. As long as it fit your budget and meet your needs, that is all it matter......enjoy it!

+1 ....

Some people have more money then others... as long as you build something that works and you are happy it is all that matters. But it has to work.... Rofl and look good too... Blush

(2012-09-16, 09:39)Beer40oz Wrote:
(2012-09-15, 18:45)bluray Wrote: I wouldn't worry too much about what is better. As long as it fit your budget and meet your needs, that is all it matter......enjoy it!

+1 ....

Some people have more money then others... as long as you build something that works and you are happy it is all that matters. But it has to work.... Rofl and look good too... Blush
+1, exactly....

You and I are probably the last two standing for non-profit contributors (meaning- nothing to sell and never take any bribe or donation- just pure joy of helping others) in hardware forum.....Nod

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Was not worried, just curious as to have better knowledge as to what is rated as being higher rated performance. Thanks for all your helpful insight!

(2012-09-16, 18:34)bluray Wrote:
(2012-09-16, 09:39)Beer40oz Wrote:

+1 ....

+1, exactly....

You and I are probably the last two standing for non-profit contributors (meaning- nothing to sell and never take any bribe or donation- just pure joy of helping others) in hardware forum.....Nod
I had been offered donations... but did not accept. But will gladly accept new hardware to test... Blush

I love this community and all this new gadgets coming out. I just love to review my experience with what I have so no others spend unnecessary money and go through the pain of things not working, I know I did.

Many RMA's...Confused

It is nice to see new builds coming out... and this community is getting bigger.

(2012-09-17, 11:42)Beer40oz Wrote: I had been offered donations... but did not accept. But will gladly accept new hardware to test... Blush
I received PM's from users asking for my PayPal account and wanted to donate all the times, but I referred them to XBMC......it's my pleasure to help others.....Big Grin

(2012-09-17, 02:10)g725s Wrote:

Was not worried, just curious as to have better knowledge as to what is rated as being higher rated performance. Thanks for all your helpful insight!
Ok.....enjoy your new HTPC....Nod

(2012-09-17, 11:42)Beer40oz Wrote: Many RMA's...Confused
I remember that.....and it's part of DIY processes.....Nod

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Greetings!

I was thinking about this CPU, not only to install XBMC on it but also to play FIFA 2012/2013.

Do you guys think this CPU is powerful enough or should I buy the 3570K ?

Thanks in advance.
(2013-01-01, 22:58)pesta Wrote: Greetings!

I was thinking about this CPU, not only to install XBMC on it but also to play FIFA 2012/2013.

Do you guys think this CPU is powerful enough or should I buy the 3570K ?

Thanks in advance.

The CPU preforms very close to i5/i7 in most games so don't worry about that, the iGPU might be a little weak but it's worth a try (just buy a dGPU if you get way to low fps)
Great thread.

Just a reminder to everyone, Celeron will be upgraded to Ivy Bridge early this year. Not sure which HD graphics it will be equipped with, but I have a feeling it will support 3D and may very well be the best choice for HTPCs that are strictly dedicated for playing content. Fingers crossed for the HD 4000!

2013 Celeron lineup
G1620, G1610 and G1610T

Mini-ITX builds are making more and more sense. The T model should offer a very low TDP compared to current Celerons. (65w vs 35w)
Exciting times. Big Grin
Hey there, some time has passed and I wanted to share my opinion about XBMC and different hardware since I'm planning to build my own HTPC.

First I started with dell E6400 with intel HD graphics.
Everything works, but 1080p h.264 video stutter in full screen mode on my 47" panasonic TV
Changing to synchronize tv refresh rate to movie fps didn't help much as laptop clearly didn't handle to do the processing.

I hoped that my second laptop Lenovo G560 with nvidia GF 310M should manage easily with 1080p movies - nope, same as above but problem was syncing refresh to framerate - somehow nvidia chip couldn't sync but stuttering was a bit less frequent

My last try was a HP laptop 2570p with i5, and intel hd4000 graphics
Stuttering was only visible without syncing framerate vs refreshrate
Once I enabled this option, I have to admit, that I never ever in my life have seen so crisp, smooth, and vibrant image on my TV.
Maybe that's why everyone is talking about HD4000 graphics as ideal for full HD playback.

I got, however my old PC with E6400 and GF 9400GT and I'm wondering will it be able to play video as my HP laptop...
OR maybe there are some "hacks" for e6400 or gf310m?

Ah, last thing, this happened both on Windows 7 pro and XBMCUbuntu live USB
I have i3-3245 Smile
Right now I am able to build HTPC based on dell optiplex 755 with below specs:
Core2Duo E6750 @2,66GHz 1333FSB
4GB RAM @ 800MHz
1x SATA 160GB for OS, second HDD will be added later
GPU: Zotac GT630 link: http://www.zotac.com/products/graphics-c...tions.html
+ WIFI on USB and maybe remote (maybe, because with wifi we can have RC on the smartfone).

Will this config manage to play full hd h.264 movies smooth as my HP laptop with Intel HD4000? Are there any screen refresh known issues?
Aditionally I would like to play WoT from time to time Smile
bumpSleepy
(2013-10-04, 09:43)braveskunk Wrote: Right now I am able to build HTPC based on dell optiplex 755 with below specs:
Core2Duo E6750 @2,66GHz 1333FSB
4GB RAM @ 800MHz
1x SATA 160GB for OS, second HDD will be added later
GPU: Zotac GT630 link: http://www.zotac.com/products/graphics-c...tions.html
+ WIFI on USB and maybe remote (maybe, because with wifi we can have RC on the smartfone).

Will this config manage to play full hd h.264 movies smooth as my HP laptop with Intel HD4000? Are there any screen refresh known issues?
Aditionally I would like to play WoT from time to time Smile

That gpu will support full hd h264, with frame rate switching. But avoid wifi if you want to stream to it.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I have one more doubt about above config. The PSU. It is stock for Optiplex 755 and it's only 280W.
On the PCIe port it says 25W max, but above Zotac according to Nvidia GT630 (kepler) needs only 25W.
Do you think that PSU will manage to provide sufficient power to this configuration?
I don't know. I have put nVidia cards in similar sized low form factor Compaq/HP machines and the power supply has coped fine. They had a 240W power supply. There are many other factors I guess, but if compaq put a slot there, it should be capable of being used.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why i3-3225 ?2