Random TV shows disappearing and changing to empty folders
I'm having issues with random TV shows in my collection disappearing and changing to empty folders in XBMC Eden with the Aeon MQ 3 skin. It's driving me nuts as I'm having to go and re-download files again. These are TV shows that have been added to my library and watched successfully only later to be randomly removed and replaced with an empty folder of the same name in the TV show folder. I'm not entirely sure when it started but I never had this issue prior to 11.0. Any hints on what might be causing this or how i could go about troubleshooting the problem is appreciated.

Thanks,
Trevor
that's because you hit some random buttons and enabled "hide watched"
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Well the actual files on disk are being replaced with an empty folder. It's not hidden in XBMC at all. The XBMC library still thinks the file is present. When it happens I discover the problem by trying to click on a show and nothing happens. When I go and look at the underlying file system I see what used to be:

/Media/Videos/TV/Louie (2010)/Season 3/Louie.S03E10.HDTV.x264-LOL.mp4 file (113.2 MB)

has become:

/Media/Videos/TV/Louie (2010)/Season 3/Louie.S03E10.HDTV.x264-LOL.mp4 directory (zero bytes)
I guess the next thing for me to try is to turn on debug logging and restart XBMC and start looking for clues.
I've heard this before, I don't think it's XBMC fault, but an O/S file system fault, and it's not nice.
(2012-09-09, 05:15)PatK Wrote: I've heard this before, I don't think it's XBMC fault, but an O/S file system fault, and it's not nice.

Pat is right; your hard drive is about to croak.
back up your data quick style.
Just to follow up, turns out the problem I've been experiencing is related to my NTFS formatted external drive being plugged into a Cisco EA4500 router.

http://homecommunity.cisco.com/t5/Wirele...rue/page/4

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Random TV shows disappearing and changing to empty folders0