XBMC + 3D = Crosstalk / Ghosting ? SOLUTION HERE!
This solution works perfectly for me! This advice (NOT setting any overscan in XBMC but first try adjusting your plasma tv advanced format settings to fit the screen) should be part of the setup guide sticky. For me the setting was on my plasma tv's menu under settings/video/format/pro and under "FULL" I had the option to choose between two sizes: "HD1" (which had overscan issues) and "HD2" which fit the interface for XBMC perfectly without having to set overscan/underscan settings in XBMC itself. Note I also turned off the "display Stereoscopic content" option in the OUYA advanced settings. (My TV is active and picks up the 3D anyways).

Many many thanks for solving this!! Smile
Wow, i put in xbmc settings in video calibration the settings to 0,0 and 0,0 for top left and right down corners.

And the 3D LG TV i switched to just scan, my System is the Ouya with XBMC 12.4

And finaly 3D is working without Ghosts :-)

Thank you for sharing this info.

PS: Ouya got today a System Update, and with latest Gotham passthrough is now also working.

Finaly i got a perfect working XBMC solution ;-)
Bump for visibility.
When I try to run a half-ou, the UI change to half-ou (with subs in the middle of screen and at bottom, perfect for my TV change to 3D mode) , but movie keep running in 2d, the movie don't go half upper/under screen, they run full screen.

I never touched the Kodi video calibration.

Anyone already saw this issue?
@Edwrib:

It sounds like you aren't putting your TV into 3D OU mode.

You have to push the 3D button on your TV remote and force your TV into the right mode, it won't happen automatically, XBMC cannot put your TV into SBS or OU modes for you.

What is the name of your movie file ? Does it have the right naming convention for 3D eg: moviename.3d.htab.mkv

It should have both the 3D and HTAB tags in the file name for the file you are trying to play right now so that XBMC knows it's an HTAB 3D movie.

But as I already said, in addition to that, you WILL need to put your TV into the correct 3D mode yourself, manually, using your TV remote.
(2014-12-01, 16:41)SiliconKid Wrote: @Edwrib:

It sounds like you aren't putting your TV into 3D OU mode.

You have to push the 3D button on your TV remote and force your TV into the right mode, it won't happen automatically, XBMC cannot put your TV into SBS or OU modes for you.

What is the name of your movie file ? Does it have the right naming convention for 3D eg: moviename.3d.htab.mkv

It should have both the 3D and HTAB tags in the file name for the file you are trying to play right now so that XBMC knows it's an HTAB 3D movie.

But as I already said, in addition to that, you WILL need to put your TV into the correct 3D mode yourself, manually, using your TV remote.

Yes... But the movie aren't being displayed half screen, only the xbmc UI, got?

If I copy the files to a pendrive and put directly in tv, they start playing half screen and after some seconds or manually, they join in 3D mode, but in xbmc they show only in 2D with a full screen movie, while subs are half screen.

Looks like if xbmc are displaying only one side of the movie, even I'm selecting half-ou when I hit play.
Your posts are very confusing.

1. Have you put your TV into 3D mode via your TV remote control? Yes or no. (If the XBMC UI is dsiplaying twice, the answer is probably "no".

2. Can you take a photo of your TV screen showing the problem and post it here please?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-12-01, 22:12)nickr Wrote: Your posts are very confusing.

1. Have you put your TV into 3D mode via your TV remote control? Yes or no. (If the XBMC UI is dsiplaying twice, the answer is probably "no".

2. Can you take a photo of your TV screen showing the problem and post it here please?

1: No

2: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6SxdF2r...cslist_api
(2014-12-01, 22:52)Edwrib Wrote:

What happens if you do?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-12-01, 22:54)nickr Wrote:
(2014-12-01, 22:52)Edwrib Wrote:

What happens if you do?

They double the screen: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6SxdF2r...cslist_api
In the phone they run normal: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6SxdF2r...cslist_api
@Edwrib:

Let me ask you the most basic possible question here: Is the movie you're trying to play actually a HSBS or HTAB encoded movie in the first place ?

It doesn't sound like it is.

If a movie is a proper HSBS or HTAB encoded movie then when you play it in 2D mode (3D NOT enabled on your TV) you should see 2 of the same picture on the screen either next to each other (HSBS) or above and below each other (HTAB).

If I'm reading what you wrote above correctly, you are NOT seeing 2 of the same picture next to or above and below each other in 2D mode ? Which means that movie is NOT an HSBS or HTAB encoded 3D movie, it's actually just a normal 2D movie.

If you don't see that when you play the movie in 2D mode, then it is NOT a 3D encoded movie. It is a 2D movie.

Your TV might have a mode that can convert a 2D movie into 3D for you on-the-fly, but that is something completely different to proper HSBS or HTAB and doesn't generally work very well anyway.

It sounds to me like you are playing 2D movies and then expecting XBMC to play them in 3D just by telling XBMC to play them in 3D. That is NOT going to happen. They have to been encoded in a special way to begin with.

There are also MKV MVC 3D encoded movies (made by MakeMKV) that XBMC also CANNOT play. You will need a player called Stereoscopic Player for those. But that's a whole nother story again.

@Edwrib:

Ok, forget what I just said above. I've just looked at your phone screenshot and that is definitely a proper HTAB encoded 3D movie.

Same picture above and below.

When you play that in XBMC you must tell XBMC to use HTAB mode.

Then you also need to put your TV into HTAB 3D mode with the TV remote.

That will work if you are running the right version of XBMC. You need to be running XBMC Gotham (v13) for all of this to work.
(2014-12-02, 18:18)SiliconKid Wrote: @Edwrib:

Let me ask you the most basic possible question here: Is the movie you're trying to play actually a HSBS or HTAB encoded movie in the first place ?

It doesn't sound like it is.

If a movie is a proper HSBS or HTAB encoded movie then when you play it in 2D mode (3D NOT enabled on your TV) you should see 2 of the same picture on the screen either next to each other (HSBS) or above and below each other (HTAB).

If I'm reading what you wrote above correctly, you are NOT seeing 2 of the same picture next to or above and below each other in 2D mode ? Which means that movie is NOT an HSBS or HTAB encoded 3D movie, it's actually just a normal 2D movie.

If you don't see that when you play the movie in 2D mode, then it is NOT a 3D encoded movie. It is a 2D movie.

Your TV might have a mode that can convert a 2D movie into 3D for you on-the-fly, but that is something completely different to proper HSBS or HTAB and doesn't generally work very well anyway.

It sounds to me like you are playing 2D movies and then expecting XBMC to play them in 3D just by telling XBMC to play them in 3D. That is NOT going to happen. They have to been encoded in a special way to begin with.

There are also MKV MVC 3D encoded movies (made by MakeMKV) that XBMC also CANNOT play. You will need a player called Stereoscopic Player for those. But that's a whole nother story again.

My last post show the same movie in 3D half-ou.

I have gotham in a Windows 7 and they work perfectly.

That issue I'm experiencing is with Kodi helix rc in ouya.

'You need to be running XBMC Gotham (v13) for all of this to work.'

Kodi helix rc isn't working?

Also, yes, I told xbmc to play in 3D, you can see others photos that xbmc UI are in 3D.
Sounds like a blatant bug in the XBMC Android Kodi build for the Ouya then?

Post the issue in the bug report forum for the appropriate XBMC build. Not here,

It's obvious that it's an XBMC bug isn't it ? Based on your feedback you've proved that yourself because you have it working properly on a Windows build of XBMC in Windows 7 yourself.

Report it to the XBMC devs and ask them to fix it. I actually don't know why you even posted here with this when it's obviously a bug and you've already proved that.

Furthermore, Helix is RC, it is not a final release, so this kind of bug is very possible, especially on a device like the Ouya that seems to cause nothing BUT problems from what I've seen.
(2014-12-02, 23:36)SiliconKid Wrote: Sounds like a blatant bug in the XBMC Android Kodi build for the Ouya then?

Post the issue in the bug report forum for the appropriate XBMC build. Not here,

It's obvious that it's an XBMC bug isn't it ? Based on your feedback you've proved that yourself because you have it working properly on a Windows build of XBMC in Windows 7 yourself.

Report it to the XBMC devs and ask them to fix it. I actually don't know why you even posted here with this when it's obviously a bug and you've already proved that.

Furthermore, Helix is RC, it is not a final release, so this kind of bug is very possible, especially on a device like the Ouya that seems to cause nothing BUT problems from what I've seen.

Seems like a bug, but could be anything that I didn't found...

Thanks, I'll try report error.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC + 3D = Crosstalk / Ghosting ? SOLUTION HERE!2