Win "Go Back to Video" remote option? (Harmony 880, IR Sensor)
I set up my Logitech Harmony 880 with XBMC using the VRC-1100 "ORtec" option from their servers. The remote works GREAT, but only one problem: If I hit the Backspace button on the remote, I have no way of putting the video that is playing in the background into the foreground. The only way I'm able to do this now is to: 1. Go back to the main menu. 2. Choose Movies. 3. Choose the movie. 4. Start the movie over. 5. Fast Forward through the movie.

The ORtec Harmony custom remote buttons show no option (as far as I know) that allow you to revert back to a "now playing" video.

Any tips appreciated. I'm new to using an remote controller in XBMC, be gentle!
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Enable debug log (wiki)ging in XBMC, launch a video, put it into the background, press the Backspace button on the remote (note the time), exit XBMC immediately, and locate your debug log (wiki) (xbmc.log). Open the debug log (wiki) with a text editor and scroll down to the time noted above when you pressed the Backspace button. See how XBMC intercepted that keypress and what action it took as a result. If the action isn't "Fullscreen", then that's why it did not restore the video to the foreground.
Forgive me before "replying before trying," but the backspace key works perfectly fine. I'm really just trying to find a way to create a new button to program onto the remote that will allow me to go full screen once the video has been put into the background (covered by menus, etc).

I will be trying out your suggestion though ether way!

Thanks for the welcome! Smile
OK, you need to define a remote button to send the Fullscreen action. Not really familiar with Harmony remotes, but if it's emulating an Ortek VRC-1100, you might be able to accomplish this by creating a keyboard.xml (wiki) file with the following contents:
Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
      <button-name>Fullscreen</button-name>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>

<button-name> refers to the name of a remote control button you've selected to perform the Fullscreen action. To determine the name XBMC associates with a button, do what I outlined above about enabling debug logging. Press the button you've chosen to use for Fullscreen and then look in the debug log (wiki) (xbmc.log) to see how XBMC identified that keypress. Use that name for the <button-name> and </button-name> tags.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Go Back to Video" remote option? (Harmony 880, IR Sensor)0