New user. Question about Music art work etc
Hi

I have been running XBMC Eden for about a week, and it seems to be working well. I am using the Aeon skin and I am getting all the data (artwork/plots etc) working just fine. However, I have a big music collection that I have ripped from my CDs over a number of years. I've always steered clear of iTunes etc as I don't want to risk it cocking everything up (renaming/moving/organising etc). My music is structured as follows:-

MUSIC/ARTIST/ALBUM/track name.mp3

Pretty basic stuff.

Anyway, I have added the MUSIC source to XBMC and I can see it all, but it is just displayed as a file list. How do I get it to download all the artwork etc without it cocking everything up? I don't want to set something going that will re-organise my music.

I assume its quite straightforward, but I want to make sure I get it right first time.
Go to “Get add-ons -> XBMC.org Add-ons -> Album information -> Universal Aalbum Scraper” and install this.
Go to “Get add-ons -> XBMC.org Add-ons -> Artist information -> Universal Artist Scraper” and install this.
Go to "system -> music -> choose the default services to universal scrapers"
(^^ these steps are needed because of some broken scrapers)

Enable "Download additional information during updates" (download album information and artwork)
Go to your music source. hit "C" and do scan to library and go for coffee/beer

These steps aren't as straightforward as we want and will be improved for XBMC Frodo
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Thanks for the instructions which I have now followed through. My system has now downloaded all the artwork etc. Now I just need to work out how to get the Aeon skin to diplay it rather than just the same list as I had before. I thought it was simply a matter of going to the skin options and choosing the method to display the box covers, but it isn't working at the moment. I'll have another look when I get home tonight.
Mmm. I still cant work this out. I am obviously missing a step to have all the album artwork displayed in a flickbook style like I have selected in the Skin's visual options. Come to think of it, when I look at movies, they don't appear in the same way as I have chosen in the library view settings either.

Something isn't quite right.

I have the Multiplex method selected for Movies, but it only shows me a file list with box covers appearing as I select.
I have Showcase selected for Audio, but again, I am only seeing a file list with the CD cover appearing when I select an album

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New user. Question about Music art work etc0