Linux [Solved]Can't SSH to my XBMC Box
Hi folks, recently got XBMC up and running on an Asus b202. I'm trying to SSH over to it, can keep getting 'Connection Refused.' I can ping the box just fine, opened up 22 through my router. I can't even SSH to my XBMC from my XBMC.

justin@justin-media:~$ ssh localhost
ssh: connect to host localhost port 22: Connection refused

ps -ef | grep ssh:
"/usr/bin/ssh-agent /usr/bin/dbus-launch --exit-with-session /usr/bin/startxbmcbuntu"

nestat -a | grep LISTEN yields nothing listening on 22.. so it appears the daemon isn't running.

sudo service ssh stop
"stop: Unknown instance:"

sudo service ssh status
"ssh stop/waiting"

I've tried starting the ssh service, rebooting the box. Uninstalling then reinstalling openssh-server and ssh.Am I missing something? I'm not really a linux noob, but I've tried all of the obvious things I can think of (as well as most everything google can think of).

Everyone says SSH works out of the box on XBMC, but I guess I'm the one in a thousand with an issue.

Thanks in advanced for responses!
Maybe running /usr/sbin/sshd will give you a hint.
Maybe your /etc/ssh/sshd_config isn't good.
I'm flattered that your first and only post here is to respond to my thread. Thanks! Smile

I ran /usr/sbin/sshd and it gave me an error relating to an entry that I put in there when attempting to set up a chroot jail for funsies (and totally forgot about). I removed that and it works like a charm.

I feel so silly...Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Problem solved, I'm an idiot.

Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Solved]Can't SSH to my XBMC Box1