JSONRPC: Retrieval of thumbnails in lists is nightmarishly slow
Hi,

My setup is a mysql one, and retrieval of the thumbnail in JSON list requests (e.g. GetMovies) is nightmarishly slow.

It all comes down to CVideoThumbLoader::FillLibraryArt, which is called for every single item in the list and that opens and closes up to 4 db connections each time!

I'm writing a patch which would include the thumbnails in the DB views via a LEFT JOIN to "art". I assume here that, in most cases, retrieval of movies, tvshows or episodes (at least) would also need the thumnail.

Would this patch be acceptable?
Check the Json Thread there's already a request for that, it seems we need to wait for jsmarshall return to get something new about this.

The problem is not lied to this call but to the fact that this one should not be called as it will try to generate the thumb and generate lot's of IO and problems.

So your patch won't be accepted for sure before long discution about how to correct this Smile
Ok. Will continue to work on it anyway, if anything to make Yatse (or any remote) usable Wink
I suspect this issue has also other nasty side-effects re python scripts.

Note that, in my remote mysql setup, just the calls to open the db (which itself opens 2 mysql connections), fetch from the "art" table and closing the db for each item in a list is killing it, even without thumbnail generation.

Needless to say, the official remote, using http-api and a JOIN to "art" is instant....
Yes this is really something we need to discuss with jmarshall when he's back Smile

Frodo will drop HTTP so there will be 0 alternative to get acceptable speed Sad and if they drop vfs too and force use to use image:// we can't either calculate the CRC32 and total lock.

This number of uneeded IO totally kills atv or rpi and trying to also regenerate images on each request finish to kill the others Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
JSONRPC: Retrieval of thumbnails in lists is nightmarishly slow0