Best Way to organize Movie's with full menu and multiple discs
I have ripped my entire DVD collection to my PC, and I am streaming it to my ATV2 running XBMC. Mostly, I just ripped the movie, but on a few I ripped the entire DVD with menu, because I wanted the special features. Some of these had multiple discs. How should I organize them, so they are neat in my XBMC? Right now XBMC sees them as two of the same movie. How do you guys deal with multiple discs?

Sorry if this was covered here a thousand times.
Well using the movie "Gone with the Wind" - My wife loves this movie :-)
I put both disks in one folder and named them .....
Gone with the Wind.cd1.iso
Gone with the Wind.cd2.iso
That works for me.
I've got all my movies as iso, so I don't know if this works for other formats.
Should work for mkv files as well .....
Hope I could help you there .....

Cheers Skipman
it seems every body has there own naming convention in this case.... I am still confused about it as well. my entire library are dvd and bd iso files. with multi discs. I wish there was a sticky somewhere about multi disc naming conventions,bluray and dvd naming conventions.. asking here on the forum begets some vague answers to these questions. honestly I think the number of people wanting to keep their dvd and bluray collections untouched/uncompressed is growing. and why not? with the ability to have mass media storage from a nas.. I personally can not stand poor quality rips. i bought an hdtv to watch hd films in all their glory. i have heard something about a new tagging feature in xbmc frodo but again its all too vague to have clarity on the subject.

for now i have been using movie sets eden addon with my 2 disc movies. but its a pita honestly with a large number of multi disc movies.
another consideration is what scraper one is using... if you name all your files with these cd1 cd 2 naming conventions you get odd results in my experience.
The wiki has a whole section on naming. May not handle special feature type dvds. There may not be a good way to do those other than custom NFO files. http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...ming_files

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best Way to organize Movie's with full menu and multiple discs0