• 132(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi
Rbej (et al), I've used Gotham_01.05.2013 which seems to work pretty well.
I did notice that ogv (OGG video) files don't play well - in fact, they start and
then the video starts stuttering and the audio dies and everything freezes.

Can someone please confirm.

VP6 and VP8 are supposed to be supported as well, right ? Other encodings ?

Regards.
(2013-05-08, 18:21)rbej Wrote: On Raspberry Pi with FFmpeg 1.2 (my custom builds Frodo and Gotham) some music files dont play when i try playing from hdd, pendrive, sdcard, etc.

If i use AirPlay streaming every audio files play.

With FFmpeg 0.10.6 (OpenElec 3.0.2) everything is ok. Playing fine from storage (hdd, sdcard, etc) and airplay.

Someone can confirm this??

@ Rbej, I am running your latest gotham release, I cannot play one of my music albums, some days ago I tried to play it but none of the tracks worked. I assumed that my music got corrupted, or that it was an nfs probem (music is on an nfs share) so I simply changed album.
But now reading your post I thought I could let you know.
I am not at home (out on a business trip) so I cannot porvide any log or test any other music file... (I will return on sunday 19th)
I understand this is not big help....
sorry

M
Thanks for confirmation audio plays problems.

I think this is no fully compatible omxplayer with ffmpeg 1.2

(2013-05-09, 10:51)tfft Wrote: Rbej (et al), I've used Gotham_01.05.2013 which seems to work pretty well.
I did notice that ogv (OGG video) files don't play well - in fact, they start and
then the video starts stuttering and the audio dies and everything freezes.

Can someone please confirm.

VP6 and VP8 are supposed to be supported as well, right ? Other encodings ?

Software video codecs (theora, vp6, vp8, mjpeg) are still in the experimental phase.
Sometimes, (when frames span multiple 80K packets) they stall.
This is a firmware bug, that I need time to investigate.

There is an easier fix, on the xbmc side of using fewer, larger packets for software video codecs
which I may fall back on if the firmware fix is particurly tricky.
I have a problem when i try video skipping. The audio becomes a problem, it starts being choppy.

This happens on all video files i have. MKV and MP4. SD or HD.

If i go into audio settings and just select HDMI as the audio source again the audio fixes itself until i start skipping forward or back again a few times. Is this a known bug?

Using a raspberry 256MB. Latest RBEJ build.

EDIT: Hmm i get the same behavior when using the 3.02 official build.
(2013-04-30, 19:49)spannerz Wrote: Guys, I may be having a dense moment....

I've just upgraded to the Gotham build (rbej) and the background artwork is now low res... everything else looks as it was, but the (high res) artwork now looks terrible

The display is set at 1080p...

Common sense tells me that it is the GUIRES setting in advancedsettings, but when I set this to 1080 I get a small output tucked in one of the corners of the TV.

Any thoughts? Is this a new setting in Gotham I haven't come across yet?

Thanks

Sz

I have just reverted from the latest Frodo and Gotham builds as I had stability issues when stopping videos (XBMC simply hanging on a black screen) and CEC kept bombing out - I've reverted to one of the more stable builds (for me at least) r13636... and the background artwork is back to beautiful hires. Very odd.... especially as no one else seems to be suffering from this....

Cheers

Sz
Updated Frodo Branch

- bump OpenElec revision

- updated firmware and kernel (3.9.1)

- fixed subs, FFmpeg, speed UI, PVR and AirTunes

- CEC 2.1.3

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1350100

please delete.. my mistake
(2013-05-10, 12:25)popcornmix Wrote: [Software video codecs (theora, vp6, vp8, mjpeg) are still in the experimental phase. Sometimes, (when frames span multiple 80K packets) they stall. This is a firmware bug, that I need time to investigate.

There is an easier fix, on the xbmc side of using fewer, larger packets for software video codecs which I may fall back on if the firmware fix is particurly tricky.

Yeah, I think "stall" is the right description to use as it seems to stutter and then simply stall. Do please let me/us know if you need samples and/or would like anything tested further.

Keep up the great work & thanks.
(2013-05-10, 19:10)rojazx Wrote: I have a problem when i try video skipping. The audio becomes a problem, it starts being choppy.

I can confirm that I'm seeing audio issues as well while streaming content
off of the internet - every so often the stream would need to buffer and
about 80% of the time the audio goes into this loud popping/cracking
(or choppy) noise from which I'm unable to get out of, even when the video
returns to normal, unless I stop the stream entirely.

Using Rbej's Gotham_01.05.2013 image.

Regards.
I narrowed it down a bit.

When on analog audio this does not happen. From a local file it does not happen either.

Only with HDMI selected as output.

It doesnt happen with every file it seems. Or at least it seems to be very easily reproduced with some files and almost never with others. The ones that have given me the most trouble are some old mkvs. Im streaming from ftp source. This problem is only affecting the pi. AppleTV and Windows XBMCs seem unaffected. We are probably on the wrong board. Its unrelated to rbej builds.
@rbej,

Have you thought to have a build with the new USB FIQ driver ?
This may make dvb cards much more usable with the Raspberry.

http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewto...28&t=39175
https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/tree/fiq_split
Is it just me or the latest rbej Frodo build always shows:
BogoMips: 2.00Huh
@rbej, did you add VNSI4 as addon in all builds or just in the only one where you've written it in the changelog?
VNSI4 is only for Gotham.

• 132(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi12