OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi
(2013-05-11, 20:03)rbej Wrote: Updated Frodo Branch

- bump OpenElec revision

- updated firmware and kernel (3.9.1)

- fixed subs, FFmpeg, speed UI, PVR and AirTunes

- CEC 2.1.3

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1350100

Hi Rbjei.
Have you already included this patch to your builds ?

It seems it resolves the blank screen issue with live tv from tvheadend without the "time shift enabled" or "add video source" workarounds.

Thank you.
Bye.
The only winning move is not to play.
(2013-05-13, 00:24)pplucky Wrote: Is it just me or the latest rbej Frodo build always shows:
BogoMips: 2.00Huh

That's how 3.8 kernel reports BogoMips when you use a hardware timer for delays.
https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/iss...t-16332052
Rbej, my xbox remote is not working on latest 11/5/2013 build. I'm getting the following in dmesg

9.021664] lirc_xbox: version magic '3.8.11 preempt mod_unload ARMv6 ' should be '3.9.1 preempt mod_unload ARMv6 '
[ 9.022528] lirc_xbox: version magic '3.8.11 preempt mod_unload ARMv6 ' should be '3.9.1 preempt mod_unload ARMv6 '
(2013-05-13, 12:45)popcornmix Wrote:
(2013-05-13, 00:24)pplucky Wrote: Is it just me or the latest rbej Frodo build always shows:

That's how 3.8 kernel reports BogoMips when you use a hardware timer for delays.

@rbej: Considering the current technicality of BogoMIPS on 3.8 kernel, and the explanation given by popcornmix in the above link, would it make sense to remove it and just keep the current CPU speed?
(2013-05-13, 12:35)jack burton Wrote:
(2013-05-11, 20:03)rbej Wrote: Updated Frodo Branch

- bump OpenElec revision

- updated firmware and kernel (3.9.1)

- fixed subs, FFmpeg, speed UI, PVR and AirTunes

- CEC 2.1.3

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1350100

Hi Rbjei.
Have you already included this patch to your builds ?

It seems it resolves the blank screen issue with live tv from tvheadend without the "time shift enabled" or "add video source" workarounds.

Thank you.
Bye.

Yes. This patch is include.

(2013-05-13, 19:01)pplucky Wrote:
(2013-05-13, 12:45)popcornmix Wrote:

@rbej: Considering the current technicality of BogoMIPS on 3.8 kernel, and the explanation given by popcornmix in the above link, would it make sense to remove it and just keep the current CPU speed?

No, because real value BogoMips is 2 for Rpi.

(2013-05-14, 08:19)rbej Wrote: No, because real value BogoMips is 2 for Rpi.

Wikipedia says:
"BogoMips represents a processor's clock frequency as well as the potentially present CPU cache."

So a overclocked RPI should have another "Bogomipsvalue" than the straight one. My RPI running always with 900 MHz says also "2" wich could not thrue.
(2013-05-13, 18:35)[email protected] Wrote: Rbej, my xbox remote is not working on latest 11/5/2013 build. I'm getting the following in dmesg

9.021664] lirc_xbox: version magic '3.8.11 preempt mod_unload ARMv6 ' should be '3.9.1 preempt mod_unload ARMv6 '
[ 9.022528] lirc_xbox: version magic '3.8.11 preempt mod_unload ARMv6 ' should be '3.9.1 preempt mod_unload ARMv6 '

I've also been having probelms with my USB IR remote. Since 12.2 the IR just stops working, no error in logs and the only thing to fix it is to unplug from usb and push back in. Any ideas ?
(2013-05-15, 10:52)tosh123 Wrote:
(2013-05-14, 08:19)rbej Wrote: No, because real value BogoMips is 2 for Rpi.

Wikipedia says:
"BogoMips represents a processor's clock frequency as well as the potentially present CPU cache."

So a overclocked RPI should have another "Bogomipsvalue" than the straight one. My RPI running always with 900 MHz says also "2" wich could not thrue.

Wikipedia is not always correct.
Bogomips is present in the kernel for calibrating delay loops. When using a delay loop, that number is proportional to clock frequency.
When using a hardware timer for delays, it is proportional to the hardware timer frequency (which doesn't change with overclock).

Bogomips is not designed for benchmarking processors.
(2013-05-15, 12:30)popcornmix Wrote:
(2013-05-15, 10:52)tosh123 Wrote: Wikipedia says:

Wikipedia is not always correct.
shure, but it seems in case of bogomips very true

Quote:Bogomips is present in the kernel for calibrating delay loops. When using a delay loop, that number is proportional to clock frequency.
agree. Thats bogomips is for. You can compare the same type of cpu how much a different clock or cache will work.
Quote:When using a hardware timer for delays, it is proportional to the hardware timer frequency (which doesn't change with overclock).

so using a hardwaretimer isn't usable to get bogomips.

Quote:Bogomips is not designed for benchmarking processors.

its designed to measure the same processor under different conditions, f.e. to see, if the turbo switch (can anyone remember that :-)) will work or if overclocking will work.

This site listed some bogomips, all cpu's get other values than "2"

http://bogomips.ru/
@rbej
I'm compiling XBMC with pulse audio (act as audio player only),
is the float audio patch is omxplayer specific or also for xbmc/paplayer ?
If it isn't omxplayer specific where I could find it ?
I dont know. You must ask Popcornmix.

(2013-05-17, 20:44)dhead Wrote: @rbej
I'm compiling XBMC with pulse audio (act as audio player only),
is the float audio patch is omxplayer specific or also for xbmc/paplayer ?
If it isn't omxplayer specific where I could find it ?

The float audio patch is purely a performance patch which shouldn't be necessary for paplayer which is audio only.
Thanks Rbej & Popcornmix.
@rbej, could you possibly publish (or make available) the source tree
of the releases you are making ? For instance, I'm looking to make a
couple of minor changes to your 2013-05-01 Gotham image but lack
the source along with your changes to it (patches, swap enabling, etc,
etc).

If you don't think this would be useful (to upload, etc) can you please
furnish in as much detail as possible the various commands used
along with the applied patches, etc for others (like me) to learn and
possibly contribute further. I would think a document that details all
these steps would be helpful and would certainly get read lots over
time.