• 3(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi
so whats new in r11949?
(2012-09-18, 13:24)fma965 Wrote: so whats new in r11949?

https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/commits/master
Version r11949

.mpg, and .ts files containing MPEG2 video, in 16x9 resolution play at 4x3 resolution (play OK with Raspbmc).

I do not know if this issue is the responsibility of OpenElec or XMBC. If not OpenElec please could you point it out to the appropriate person.

Also:-
Logitech K400 keyboard does not work every time. I have not noticed this with earlier versions of OpenElec, but it may well be the same problem referred to in the Raspberry Pi forums but which had not previously occurred with mine.
(2012-09-18, 14:25)itsonlyme Wrote: Version r11949

.mpg, and .ts files containing MPEG2 video, in 16x9 resolution play at 4x3 resolution (play OK with Raspbmc).

I do not know if this issue is the responsibility of OpenElec or XMBC. If not OpenElec please could you point it out to the appropriate person.

Also:-
Logitech K400 keyboard does not work every time. I have not noticed this with earlier versions of OpenElec, but it may well be the same problem referred to in the Raspberry Pi forums but which had not previously occurred with mine.

For openelec issues, you can log a issue ticket here:
https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/...state=open
(2012-09-18, 14:18)Jester Wrote:
(2012-09-18, 13:24)fma965 Wrote: so whats new in r11949?

https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/commits/master

thanks.

can you paste a mediainfo output from both files ?
greetings, Stephan

im currently building openelec from source i guess im doing it cause i can

Does any 1 know how long it will take to build on a fx-6100 6 core 3.3ghz cpu and 8gb ram (4gb set in the vm and 4 cores set.)
(2012-09-18, 19:51)fma965 Wrote: im currently building openelec from source i guess im doing it cause i can

Does any 1 know how long it will take to build on a fx-6100 6 core 3.3ghz cpu and 8gb ram (4gb set in the vm and 4 cores set.)

i think the 1st time around 4 hours the second time 3 hours... not sure exactly because you build in a VM, native it may be faster.
greetings, Stephan

Just a query, but one of the biggest frustrations left in the UX is the significant delay when entering the Movie library (or when returning to the Movie library having finished watching a movie). For the Pi, it's a definite scalability issue due to the limited processing ability of the CPU.

I've got over 500 movies in my library, all stored in MySQL so there should be no need to access NFS/SMB/etc. - just pull in the metadata with SQL queries, and hit the local thumbnail cache on SD card - yet the delay to display the Movie library is approaching 30 seconds before the first 8 thumbnails appear... is the Pi having to parse *every* movie in the library just to display the 8 that are currently in view? Is there any way to make this process more efficient, perhaps querying subsets of movie data based on where the user is within the library (a cursor moving through the data, as it were)?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
itsonlyme Wrote: Version r11949

Have now watched and deleted these files, but will have another tomorrow evening. Will post media info for that.
I have a problem starting with recent builds of OpenELEC (I first noticed the behaviour about a week ago).
When trying to switch between DTS/AC3 and DTS/AC3 audio tracks either xbmc crashes or the audio vanishes and picture starts to get really really choppy.
Debug log of the latter case attached here: http://pastebin.com/Yx6w2jrw
Also unchanged for a clean build of r11494.

My setup is as follows: Raspberry Pi -> HDMI Switch -> TV. The TV isn't DTS/DD capable, that's why I have to use hdmi_force_edid_audio=1 in config.txt to get DTS/DD via toslink out of the HDMI switch.
Now when I disable hdmi_force_edid_audio or uncheck DTS/DD capable receiver in XBMC's audio settings it works out fine (with the caveat of only getting stereo).

The user that brought the problem to my attention opened a ticket at https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/issues/1221 .
(2012-09-18, 19:31)sraue Wrote:

Now on build 11955 but problem persists. My "vVew Mode" setting from the Video Settings Menu is "Normal".

Mediainfo report is
General
ID : 2 (0x2)
Complete name : C:\TV Recordings\The Truth About Hillsborough\The Truth About Hillsborough_Channel 5_2012-09-19_20-00.ts
Format : MPEG-TS
File size : 1.32 GiB
Duration : 1h 5mn
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 2 901 Kbps

Video
ID : 511 (0x1FF)
Menu ID : 3 (0x3)
Format : MPEG Video
Format version : Version 2
Format profile : Main@main
Format settings, BVOP : Yes
Format settings, Matrix : Custom
Format settings, GOP : M=3, N=15
Codec ID : 2
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 2 499 Kbps
Maximum bit rate : 15.0 Mbps
Width : 704 pixels
Height : 576 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Active Format Description : Full frame 16:9 image
Frame rate : 25.000 fps
Standard : PAL
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Interlaced
Scan order : Top Field First
Compression mode : Lossy
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.247
Stream size : 1.13 GiB (86%)

Audio #1
ID : 288 (0x120)
Format : MPEG Audio
Format version : Version 1
Format profile : Layer 2
Codec ID : 3
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 192 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Delay relative to video : -256ms
Stream size : 89.3 MiB (7%)
Language : English

Audio #2
ID : 289 (0x121)
Format : MPEG Audio
Format version : Version 1
Format profile : Layer 2
Codec ID : 3
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 64.0 Kbps
Channel(s) : 1 channel
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Delay relative to video : -160ms
Stream size : 29.8 MiB (2%)
Language, more info : Visual impaired commentary

Text
ID : 384 (0x180)
Format : DVB Subtitle
Codec ID : 6
Duration : 1h 4mn
Delay relative to video : 1s 902ms

Hi everybody,

i have an problem with Openelec...
All me Fanarts and other Pictues are very grainy!!

Can sombody help me?
Have you read through this whole thread?
(2012-09-20, 23:29)Italia Wrote: Hi everybody,

i have an problem with Openelec...
All me Fanarts and other Pictues are very grainy!!

Can sombody help me?

for the third time, it's a temporary performance fix for pi.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi12