• 12(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi
Any ideas when H264 streams will be fixed? I am just getting a grey screen with sound on r12061. I'm not sure when it broke but think it was around about r12014
(2012-10-10, 21:59)gimli Wrote:
(2012-10-10, 21:56)Trixster Wrote: Really? In which case I apologise for the cross examination, I've clearly been getting myself mixed up. I thought 1080p videos were being rendered at 720p. My bad.

Maybe i should have mentioned that and say it clear that the GUI scaling only belongs to GUI and not video rendering.

Gimli, how about the pixelated pictures then?
I tried a lot of different builds but to no avail.
Large (jpg) pictures get displayed blurry..
(2012-10-10, 22:13)johnnyvd Wrote:
(2012-10-10, 21:59)gimli Wrote:
(2012-10-10, 21:56)Trixster Wrote: Really? In which case I apologise for the cross examination, I've clearly been getting myself mixed up. I thought 1080p videos were being rendered at 720p. My bad.

Maybe i should have mentioned that and say it clear that the GUI scaling only belongs to GUI and not video rendering.

Gimli, how about the pixelated pictures then?
I tried a lot of different builds but to no avail.
Large (jpg) pictures get displayed blurry..

If it comes to thumbs and fanarts, you have to redo the scrapping.
(2012-10-10, 20:06)gimli Wrote:
(2012-10-10, 19:29)MilhouseVH Wrote: It's still not clear to me what problem this 720p/1080p upscaling is designed to solve, and why disabling it can't be made a configurable option (even if it's an advanced setting).

As you remember, the GPU memory is limited on the PI. When you take the 128MB split we have 128MB for the GPU. Every Texture we load and display eats memory on the GPU. To save memory we render at 720p and then display at 1080p.

Could we not ask Raspberry Pi to create a new RAM split with 64MB for CPU and 192MB for GPU. Is that even possible? and is 64MB enough for the CPU?
Hello everyone.

Been using openelc for a couple of months on my raspebrry with a old crt tele. Welll everything was going fine until I did the update thingy with http://sources.openelec.tv/tmp/image/ope...55.tar.bz2

Via ssh I created the .update dir then put the kernel and system file with them hashes. Well... rebooted. Start updating, finished rebooted by it self... blank screen since a couple hour ago, no network no nothing.

A little help please.

Got it... went diggin around found the bootloader... everithing ok now.. and by the way SUPER FAST! Lets try some movies now! thanks guys!
(2012-10-10, 22:16)gimli Wrote: If it comes to thumbs and fanarts, you have to redo the scrapping.

Gimli, (i hope you mean scraping..) i understand that,

but what i meant was that my digital photographs in the pictures sections are shown blurry when i want to watch them. I do not mean the thumbnails (which i also do not auto-generate by the way).

The strange thing is that *sometimes* (once in a hundred) a picture gets shown right.. It seems that this depends on the size of the pictures (pixels).
The pictures is shot with my 450D (12MP) show blurry while the ones i took with my old IXUS 400 (4MP) are ok..

Thread on openelec here: http://openelec.tv/forum/124-raspberry-p...ures#48662
guys if you don't have subtitles on your 1080p mkv's go to system and change refresh rate 24p then go to calibration and then pres ok 2 times to skip on to option for change subtitle line from 900 to 694
(2012-10-11, 10:22)johnnyvd Wrote: but what i meant was that my digital photographs in the pictures sections are shown blurry when i want to watch them. I do not mean the thumbnails (which i also do not auto-generate by the way).

The strange thing is that *sometimes* (once in a hundred) a picture gets shown right.. It seems that this depends on the size of the pictures (pixels).
The pictures is shot with my 450D (12MP) show blurry while the ones i took with my old IXUS 400 (4MP) are ok..

Okay, higher resolution photos shouldn't be more blurry, although possibly the high MP photos are hitting some memory limit and being downsized.
Post a link to a photo that is appearing blurry, and I'll look into it.
(2012-10-11, 14:10)popcornmix Wrote:
(2012-10-11, 10:22)johnnyvd Wrote: but what i meant was that my digital photographs in the pictures sections are shown blurry when i want to watch them. I do not mean the thumbnails (which i also do not auto-generate by the way).

Okay, higher resolution photos shouldn't be more blurry, although possibly the high MP photos are hitting some memory limit and being downsized.
Post a link to a photo that is appearing blurry, and I'll look into it.

I have similar issue. During the picture slideshow some of the pictures are very blurry. It's random and does not rely on the picture itself, the same picture is fine once, but blurry in a different attempt. Usually OMX errors appear in the log, but I haven't found a way to reproduce it on purpose. It happens also in 720p and @dom confirmed it wasn't caused by lack of GPU memory. I am usually trying to play mp3's and picture slideshow on top of that. For quite long time in respect to openelec commits (at least back to the alsa change), xbmc freeze randomly including r12055. Usually it's possible to kill xbmc.bin over ssh, but sometimes it freeze completely.

Some details are on http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewto...36#p148936.

We also discussed mp3 playback issue http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewto...80#p156680.

For the picture slideshow I use to turn off all Exif options, thumbnails generation and showing video files (actually I am disabling all available options). I use default 5s between pictures, but I noticed that sometimes it takes up to 8s do read the picture from the SD-card. However it does not have a clear influence on the blurry picture.
Have anybody else noticed that AC3 audio in many (not all, so it could be an encoding issue) new (last few weeks) 720p tvseries has alot of audio distortion in louder parts (.mkv files). Have now tried the last 3 builds and they are all the same. On VLC and D-Link Boxee the files works perfectly. Also older files with AC3 work perfectly.

This file for example has alot of audio issues:
http://pirateshit.com/torrent/7718825/Tw...DIMENSION_[PublicHD]

I also posted this here:
https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/issues/1330
Just run a slideshow in R12069. All photos now appear to be in hi-res whereas previously quite a few were displayed in low-res. There is a problem with aspect ratios though. All photos being displayed were taken at 4:3. Most landscape shots display at the correct ratio with black bars down either side but some are stretched to fill my 16:9 screen. Similarly most portrait orientation photos display at the correct ratio but again some are stretched horizontally and appear square on screen.
(2012-10-12, 21:43)nickehallgren Wrote: Have anybody else noticed that AC3 audio in many (not all, so it could be an encoding issue) new (last few weeks) 720p tvseries has alot of audio distortion in louder parts (.mkv files). Have now tried the last 3 builds and they are all the same. On VLC and D-Link Boxee the files works perfectly. Also older files with AC3 work perfectly.

This file for example has alot of audio issues:
http://pirateshit.com/torrent/7718825/Tw...DIMENSION_[PublicHD]

I also posted this here:
https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/issues/1330

got exactly the same problem with all last 7 days shows.

Did you try to compare the "volume" of the files? I forgot the tecnical term. Dont know how to do it.
Maybe is too high and is saturating the pi audio hardware/system
I get this too at xbmc build 08-08-2012. Some files not all:
Last episode of the middle, 666 park avenue and vampire diaries And two and a half men
This happens always with music or loud voice/sounds (tv show theme musics)

So, its something old. Not only with this last builds
Hello again

Well since Im on a CRT tv I need to play xbmc in windowed mode. After I updated to the latest r12055 Ive watched a movie then needed to resize the video to something that everything will fit on my CRT screen. Well, after that it hanged on the menu screen. After like 20 minutes I restarted the PI... it loads but always get stuck on the blue dots main screen... does not shows menu or anything.

If anyone can help me... please do... thanks
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi12