OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi
(2012-10-22, 14:17)caravela Wrote: Well just try it out here is the addon https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ldk2rhxxwofrb...ion.tar.gz install it from xbmc. you can ssh into the pi and the settings.json file is under .cache/transmission i think u can use transmission.start/stop in the command line or enable disable the addon under services in xbmc addons services. i have the addon disabled in xbmc and then start it using the command line whenever i need it. only the web based server is available and there is a watch folder also by default

there is also an addon for the SABnzbd-Suite

For the cost involved, I'd personally run Transmission (plus Sickbeard/SABnzbd and other network services related stuff) on a second dedicated and headless "server" Raspberry Pi 512MB. And as it would be running Raspbian, installing services is much less of a headache - no need for custom and possibly out of date add-ons. You could even install MySQL and have it become your central repository for XBMC metadata.

The last thing I'd want is my media player experience being impaired by background processes stealing cycles and memory...anyone seeding a few hundred torrents could find their USB/network interface is too busy to actually stream media content!
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi - by Milhouse - 2012-10-22, 15:27
MythTV PVR: No Video - by hkramski - 2012-11-13, 20:32
Cumulative Small Skip forward ... - by xandy - 2013-02-03, 15:46
:00 - by Koloss - 2013-07-14, 12:09
RE: :00 - by popcornmix - 2013-07-14, 12:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi12