OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi
Hey guys and gals - As I have mentioned a few times, my Pi will lock up at random points in a movie, usually after about an hour to an hour and a half. When it locks, it locks the unit cold... and there is no information in the log that shows when or why it locks. (I will need to generate a new log to show this.) This happens with Openelec, Raspbmc, and Xbian Alpha 4.

However, if I go back to Xbian Alpha 3, the video plays to completion. For the test, I am using Rips of the Bluray Extended editions of LOTR: The Two Towers, and LOTR: Return of the King. Both these movies are around 4 hours in length... so I have not watched to see if I receive periodic buffering, I just let it play and walk away.. looking in every once in a while to see if it is still playing.

If I upgrade from Xbian Alpha 3 to Alpha 4... the lockups begin again.

Xbian Alpha 3 is using Kernel 3.6.7.... and it seems that any kernel newer than that causes my issue, including the custom RPi 3.6.y that is in Rbej's builds. Is it possible that someone can build me a custom build.. the same as Rbej's latest, but with the older 3.6.7 kernel? I would love to see if this would play the files to completion.

Messages In This Thread
MythTV PVR: No Video - by hkramski - 2012-11-13, 20:32
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi - by sdsnyr94 - 2013-01-24, 16:36
Cumulative Small Skip forward ... - by xandy - 2013-02-03, 15:46
:00 - by Koloss - 2013-07-14, 12:09
RE: :00 - by popcornmix - 2013-07-14, 12:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi12