OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi
(2013-01-29, 02:31)popcornmix Wrote:
(2013-01-29, 02:24)MilhouseVH Wrote: I've also just had the system halt on me while idle at the XBMC GUI menu but while scp'ing across a new SYSTEM file. The file transfer got to 90%/81MB and then the system halted. The system had been up for 3-4 minutes at this point.
But do you think your write file test would have caught this?

Unlikely, as dmesg looked clean prior to the file transfer, but arguably this is a different scenario.

When the Pi is booting and mounting partitions/touching critical files, it is (IMHO) more appropriate to reboot the system if the Pi suspects the SD card is misbehaving, however once the system is up and running it probably shouldn't reboot even if the SD card misbehaves. This opinion only applies to OpenELEC however, as I'm yet to see OpenELEC trash the ext4 partition and critical files except when booting, but other distributions may have different usage patterns where rebooting at any time would be desirable, so the patch may still be useful (though I fear the timeout may occur only after the damage is already done).

Fundamentally though, the SD card shouldn't be misbehaving...
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
MythTV PVR: No Video - by hkramski - 2012-11-13, 20:32
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi - by Milhouse - 2013-01-29, 02:42
Cumulative Small Skip forward ... - by xandy - 2013-02-03, 15:46
:00 - by Koloss - 2013-07-14, 12:09
RE: :00 - by popcornmix - 2013-07-14, 12:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi12