OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi
(2013-02-16, 22:27)sdsnyr94 Wrote:
(2013-02-16, 21:04)popcornmix Wrote:
(2013-02-16, 20:53)sdsnyr94 Wrote: Using Rbej's last posting, I am still getting the lockups when testing with the Lord Of the Rings movies.... they usually play great for a little over an hour, then audio loses sync and just quits... video becomes very choppy but

Is this a new problem, or have you always suffered from it?

In this thread, I have mentioned this a number of times. I have played movies that are within 1:30 - 2 hr in length with few problems, so for my testing I am using the extended editions of the Lord of the Rings blurays. If you would like the mediainfo on them, I can post them later.

Usually I do not watch the movie, since it is so long and at this point I am not concerned about any buffering (I just want to see it playback to completion before worrying about that) ... I just start playback and walk away or let it run overnight. Xbian Alpha 3, Xbian alpha 4 (after creating swap file), and Raspbmc Final all play the videos to completion.
Not to annoy rbej or anything. He makes some great builds with new features for all to enjoy. <thanks>
But have you tried a ordinary latest official nightly? It has swap to and a friend of mine (the guy I gave my old 256MB board to) have recently watched the same blurays as you without problems on he's now 256MB board. How big are your files? These are self ripped and around ~20GB with DTS. Or are you streaming of the Internet? And is it all files > 2 hours or just lotr?

Edit: pherhabs I should mention that he is streaming from a nas via samba. The memory bug with ice****s and other internet streaming addons are also totally gone.

Messages In This Thread
MythTV PVR: No Video - by hkramski - 2012-11-13, 20:32
Cumulative Small Skip forward ... - by xandy - 2013-02-03, 15:46
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi - by tuxen - 2013-02-17, 14:02
:00 - by Koloss - 2013-07-14, 12:09
RE: :00 - by popcornmix - 2013-07-14, 12:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi12