OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi
(2013-02-21, 00:51)FattyMcDirty Wrote: what's the auto-update-patch? automatic background updating? thats not needed here... i always reboot or poweroff- and on to re-read database... if that's the case, i'm goind to the official build.

The auto-update patch adds support for users booting from NFS/SMB/USB, so that they can update to a new release simply by dropping files into the Update folder.

Anyone booting from NFS/SMB/USB, when auto-updating with the official build, will end up with a "Franken-system" as while the Pi will update to the new SYSTEM image, the boot files and kernel will not be updated correctly, so in a worst-case situation your Pi may not even boot after updating.

Rbej recently included this auto-update patch in his own builds, so now his builds will auto-update correctly for NFS/SMB/USB users that drop files into the Update folder. You need to manually update the first time in order to get onto the patched kernel, but after that the update process will work as it should, for all users (SD, NFS, SMB, USB etc.)

The same patch also introduces a "media check" test to try and avoid SD card corruption when booting, although this particular feature is disabled by default (you can enable it by adding iotimeout=5000 in cmdline.txt).

(2013-02-21, 00:51)FattyMcDirty Wrote: if so - which options do you use with the official build in advancedsettings? cachemembuffersize? or the other ones? can u post your advancedsettings?

You can see my advancedsettings here (pastebin). I use the same settings with both OpenELEC and Rbej builds.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
MythTV PVR: No Video - by hkramski - 2012-11-13, 20:32
Cumulative Small Skip forward ... - by xandy - 2013-02-03, 15:46
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi - by Milhouse - 2013-02-21, 03:55
:00 - by Koloss - 2013-07-14, 12:09
RE: :00 - by popcornmix - 2013-07-14, 12:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi12