OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi
(2013-02-20, 03:46)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2013-02-20, 01:53)rbej Wrote: - add NFS auto-update patches for USB/NFS/SMB on Rpi

Anyone currently booting from USB, NFS or SMB will need to perform a manual update of their system to get on to the kernel that includes USB/NFS/SMB auto-update support - don't try to auto-update to this new release with your current kernel! Once you have manually updated your system you should then be able to auto-update in future simply by dropping SYSTEM+KERNEL+MD5 files into your Update folder, and rebooting.
@MilhouseVH:
What I usually do before update is edit my config.txt so no overclock settings are present at the time of the update. This allows the update to run smoothly (by dropping the files in the Update folder and restarting).

My config.txt settings with overclock:
Code:
# default GPU memory split (do not change if you do not know what you are doing)
gpu_mem=100

# SDRAM size based GPU memory split, uncomment and setup to override 'gpu_mem'
gpu_mem_256=100
gpu_mem_512=256

# Overclock mode 'Medium'
arm_freq=900
core_freq=333
sdram_freq=450
over_voltage=2
force_turbo=0
initial_turbo=30

and without overclock:
Code:
# default GPU memory split (do not change if you do not know what you are doing)
gpu_mem=100

# SDRAM size based GPU memory split, uncomment and setup to override 'gpu_mem'
gpu_mem_256=100
gpu_mem_512=256

force_turbo=0

Yesterday I was updating from a kernel with this feature already to a new one and I just did what you proposed: simply dropping the above mentioned files in the Update folder (my config.txt was not changed, meaning it had OC settings on)...but it didn't work out well.

After the first reboot (when the update is to be carried out), the update process took much longer than it normally does but it completed. When it restarted automatically, it was no longer possible to boot (stuck in colorful Pi startup screen). I took the SD card out, suspecting that SYSTEM partition had been corrupted (like it used to happen when updating with overclock on), but it wasn't... Still then, the Pi didn't boot at all.

I had to reinstall the SD card with the fresh install procedure (from the same rbej build image and then delete and recreate the STORAGE partition in SD card (I now use it to keep other files). After this, my Pi came back to life with everything updated...

Any clue of what may have happened or can I provide any insight to help figure this out? Or did I misunderstood the purpose of this patch?

Messages In This Thread
MythTV PVR: No Video - by hkramski - 2012-11-13, 20:32
Cumulative Small Skip forward ... - by xandy - 2013-02-03, 15:46
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi - by pplucky - 2013-02-27, 10:55
:00 - by Koloss - 2013-07-14, 12:09
RE: :00 - by popcornmix - 2013-07-14, 12:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi12