OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi
(2013-02-28, 21:22)hpbaxxter Wrote: So my intention was to limit the suggestions for settings for the advancedsettings.xml file to a suitable minimum, as I was really confused myself by the always changing recommended settings. I think the most important setting in rbejs build is the resolution switch to 900p or 1080p, and the splash screen disabled as you suggested.

I totally agree, the system defaults can change from one build to the next but will always be overridden by the duplicate and static "user" settings which may introduce unwanted or undesirable behaviour, which may then be reported as a bug.

I've been on a bit of a crusade in the last couple of days suggesting to people that they should stop duplicating all of the default settings, as not only is it unnecessary in most cases, but also a potential source of problems in the future. Whether it will do any good I don't know! Smile

If anyone is unhappy with the system defaults then by all means create an advancedsettings.xml file and specify your own values, but there is no need to do it as a matter of course and certainly no need to duplicate the entire system settings - the user file is in addition to the system file, not a replacement.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
MythTV PVR: No Video - by hkramski - 2012-11-13, 20:32
Cumulative Small Skip forward ... - by xandy - 2013-02-03, 15:46
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi - by Milhouse - 2013-02-28, 21:35
:00 - by Koloss - 2013-07-14, 12:09
RE: :00 - by popcornmix - 2013-07-14, 12:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi12