OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi
Can someone please help me understand how to transfer my NFS install to my USB stick?

I can access the USB stick as sda1 and sda2 via SSH but I want to reformat it to a single 16GB partition (there's no point having sda1 on there as it can't boot from USB anyway). Unfortunately, fdisk isn't installed with OE so I can't use that.

Once I've got it as a single partition, I can copy SYSTEM to it with WinSCP. Do I just need to copy the Storage folder from my NFS server to the USB, so that I have just the System file and the Storage folder in the root? For some reason I have 4GB+ of files in lost+found which I presume I can delete (actually it was one file around 4GB and a load of other small files)?

Do I have to worry about setting any permissions, as obviously the files on the Windows NFS server don't have any linux permissions so they all seem to get set to 0755 when copied to the USB stick with WinSCP, which allows writing by the Owner (and reading and executing by anyone) so if that's sufficient I won't need to change anything.

Then would I just set cmdline.txt to

boot=/dev/sda1 disk=/dev/sda1 ssh quiet ip=dhcp iotimeout=5000 textmode

Messages In This Thread
MythTV PVR: No Video - by hkramski - 2012-11-13, 20:32
Cumulative Small Skip forward ... - by xandy - 2013-02-03, 15:46
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi - by doveman2 - 2013-03-22, 16:56
:00 - by Koloss - 2013-07-14, 12:09
RE: :00 - by popcornmix - 2013-07-14, 12:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi12