OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi
(2013-04-04, 21:09)onetootreefor Wrote: thats great and all, but this still boils down to when we were using <freememorycachepercent> i wasnt having these issues, and also I can stream from my win7 pc via wireless (~240Mbps) to my macbook pro via wireless (~300Mpbs) connected to hdmi on my tv and run xbmc and play movies just fine no buffering, but when I use the raspi and openelec I run into these buffer issues. I can understand that my macbook pro decodes video better than the raspi and has a larger capacity for buffering larger files, but movies with a 12Mbps - 21 Mbps video stream shouldnt be a problem for the pi since it can handle it fine on a 1Gbps ethernet. in reality a network stream effectively 30x larger than the video stream it shouldnt have a problem streaming the video wirelessly with the latency and error checking or not.
Did you have alwaysforcebuffer set to true? If not, as I understand it, neither freememorycachepercent not cachemembuffersize should impact files from network shares. Note: I'm not challenging you with that statement, more looking to the experts to confirm or broaden my understanding of how it works.

Messages In This Thread
MythTV PVR: No Video - by hkramski - 2012-11-13, 20:32
Cumulative Small Skip forward ... - by xandy - 2013-02-03, 15:46
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi - by tvankirk - 2013-04-04, 21:58
:00 - by Koloss - 2013-07-14, 12:09
RE: :00 - by popcornmix - 2013-07-14, 12:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi12