OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi
(2013-04-05, 07:25)PeaceMkr Wrote: @MilhouseVH Powerline is Wireless too, because the line is "only" the Antenna.. most of the people think the cable is for connection but thats not really true.
In my case the problem wasnt to get constant datarates for transfering. The problem was that the latency wasnt very good and i got lots of buffering while watching fullhd-movies. It didnt matter if streaming from the homeserver to a windowsmachine in the other room or to the raspberry or appletv..

LOL, no - how can it be wireless when it uses wires to conduct the signal? True enough, the mains wiring does act as an antenna - just ask radio hams - but that's an unfortunate side effect of its operation.

As for your problems with Powerline kit, how do you know you weren't getting a constant/stable connection? It sounds like your connection is likely to be suffering intermittent drop outs and losing data, the latency being a factor of that. Did you test your Powerline connection with something like iperf that will give you a more accurate idea of how the connection is working point to point? I'm interested to know how you came to the conclusion that latency is your problem, though really that discussion should go in a new thread.

Back on topic...
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
MythTV PVR: No Video - by hkramski - 2012-11-13, 20:32
Cumulative Small Skip forward ... - by xandy - 2013-02-03, 15:46
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi - by Milhouse - 2013-04-05, 17:22
:00 - by Koloss - 2013-07-14, 12:09
RE: :00 - by popcornmix - 2013-07-14, 12:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi12