• 129(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi
I have the Hauppage Nova S2-HD, which has has breen pretty good with TVheadend but I run TV the service on a separate Ubuntu host and have the RPi operating as a client
In the pre12.2 version subtitles embedded in MKV are not shown. It's working fine in the 12.1 builds. Any idea why it's not working anymore?
(2013-04-26, 20:09)kire1980 Wrote: In the pre12.2 version subtitles embedded in MKV are not shown. It's working fine in the 12.1 builds. Any idea why it's not working anymore?

It was initially broken in ffmpeg 1.2. This should have fixed it:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/2597

rbej - do you have that patch in pre12.2?
Yes and internal subs work for me.

Using the official Openelec 3.0.1 release, embedded subs work fine, but when using any of the pre12.2 subs are not shown. Something must be different...
* deskwizard pushes tuxen to hauppauge Tongue

I can't vouch for it under XBMC, but the colossus served me well under mediaportal in the past.
even more so if you can get your signal on HDMI without hdcp (don't get your hopes up Tongue)

**EDIT: I never though of a tuner direct on the pi, sorry if thats what you were looking for**
(2013-04-25, 13:06)tfft Wrote:
(2013-04-24, 21:43)wizzard72 Wrote: Installed the latest Frodo Branch. This version is a step back. On the SD channels I have only audio and no video. The screen is for a few seconds black and then returns to the channel list. The HD channels have audio and video, but the aspect ratio is 4:3 and if I change it to 16:9 then the picture gets messed up and after playing for a few seconds it stops playing. The video freezes. I'm going back a version.

Yeah, the Frodo branch in general seems unusable if you are looking to watch streaming content from the 'net (for me at least). Rbej's Gotham (ie. newer XBMC) builds are far superior and are just as stable though there are the odd bug here and there.

Hope that helps.

I have installed the latest version of the Gotham (26-4-2013), but with HD there is no sound. It is not only with TV but mkv files also. So I'm back with the Gotham build from 17-4-2013. I agree that the Gotham branch is more stable than the Frodo branch for watching TV.
(2013-04-27, 08:53)wizzard72 Wrote: I have installed the latest version of the Gotham (26-4-2013), but with HD there is no sound. It is not only with TV but mkv files also.

Can you post mediainfo of a problematic mkv file and an xbmc.log?
Tongue 
* Trickname pushes tuxen to digital-everywhere Tongue
Thanks navster, deskwizard and trickname. @Trickname I don't see any USB cards but I am getting old and blind. Keep them coming if nobody minds I can see a lot uses RPi pvr here. Smile
(2013-04-27, 22:49)tuxen Wrote: Thanks navster, deskwizard and trickname. @Trickname I don't see any USB cards but I am getting old and blind. Keep them coming if nobody minds I can see a lot uses RPi pvr here. Smile

What do you intend to use as your source for the tuner? Are you using cable services or antenna?

I am using a MythTV backend with a Ceton pcie tuner on a separate backend linux server. It's nice because it has four tuners. I am using Verizon Fios as the source. I am pretty sure that the MythTV + Linux + ceton tuner does not work correctly if you use simply try to hook up an antenna, and seemed to only work when I had a cable card in it.

Right now Rjeb's current Gotham build is working wonderfully well with my MythTV setup, better even than the frodo version.

For me the math made sense to switch over to the MythTV setup. A ceton card costs about $150 when on sale + $70 for 2 RPis. Right now a HD set top box with DVR from Verizon costs about $20 to rent, so it takes about 6 months to recoup costs. Plus I use the Linux backend to run other stuff, e.g. openvpn/openssh, so it made sense for me.
Sorry tuxen.
I don´t read carefully enough to know that you search a TV card use with USB.

but, my DD FireTV Card work really good for use with AgusTV Plugin on my Pi. (dvb-cable)
Updated Frodo Branch

- bump OpenElec revision

- updated firmware and kernel (3.8.10)

- play CD audio on Rpi

- fixed Network Cache Redux

- add patch to FFmpeg 1.2 (avoid h264 decoder starting on wrong field)

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1350100

Updated Gotham Branch

- bump OpenElec revision

- updated Xbmc Gotham 13 (27.04.2013) Commit:041c8228eb

- updated firmware and kernel (3.8.10)

- fixed Network Cache Redux

- add patch to FFmpeg 1.2 (avoid h264 decoder starting on wrong field)

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1393759

I force full RGB 0-255 in my config.txt (hdmi_pixel_encoding=1 / hdmi_group=1) so that I don't have to continually switch my TV's HDMI black level setting when switching inputs on my receiver.

In the recent 26/28th builds It looks like this is being ignored and the RPi is outputting limited instead.

I'd presume this is likely related to something in the 3.8.10 kernel change rather than an XBMC change?
Latest firmware has changed the numbering. We needed to add a default option (limited for CEA modes and full for DMT modes). See:
http://elinux.org/RPi_config.txt

hdmi_pixel_encoding=2

is what you want.
  • 129(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi12