OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi
(2013-06-26, 09:40)delinend Wrote: I also see long starttime (Working), when I start a movie (ISO, MKV WMV). Maybe it's the cost of all the great Omxplayer fixes ?

In current version, we buffer when audio or video fifo (to gpu) is less than 0.1s and resume when both are greater than 0.2s.

That should be very quick when starting/seeking, but it doesn't give much protection against underrunning when file is high bitrate.

So, whenever we underrun, the 0.2s threshold is doubled. This can double multiple times until the limit becomes the whole buffer.

The latest code uses bigger buffers on a 512M board than a 256M board, so it can require up to 8 seconds of data buffered before it resumes (after start/seek).

The old code used 1.5s as a fixed theshold on audio only (video wasn't considered).

So, the new scheme may be quicker, and may be slower.
Ideally there would be a switch/advanced setting that said "optimise for quick seek" or "optimise to avoid buffering" and set the threshold differently.
However xbmc devs are very resistant to new settings.

I think I'll limit the threshold to a couple of seconds, and possibly have a mechanism for the thresold to reduce if you haven't buffered for a while.

Messages In This Thread
MythTV PVR: No Video - by hkramski - 2012-11-13, 20:32
Cumulative Small Skip forward ... - by xandy - 2013-02-03, 15:46
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi - by popcornmix - 2013-06-26, 13:18
:00 - by Koloss - 2013-07-14, 12:09
RE: :00 - by popcornmix - 2013-07-14, 12:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi12