OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi
(2013-07-18, 12:20)Trickname Wrote: aren´t recent chances of omxplayer available at popcornmix git ?

I believe rbej is using more than just the omxplayer patches from popcornmix - there are also patches for ffpmpeg, plus xbmc itself, and without knowing the specific combinations of these patches it's impossible to know (or determine) what patch fixes which problem.

I can build stock OpenELEC, I can also build a version of OpenELEC with my own ad-hoc collection of non-standard patches, but it's impossible to build an rbej version of OpenELEC without knowing what goes into it, and nobody other than rbej has this information. Maybe this is intentional, but it severely limits the value of his builds and efforts.

This request is not an effort to supplant rbej as supplier of these builds, it's simply a request to have more visibility of the build process so that others can assist with debugging and feed useful information to the other developers. Without increased visibility, rbej builds are just black boxes/binary blobs. Interesting, but not as useful as they could be.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
MythTV PVR: No Video - by hkramski - 2012-11-13, 20:32
Cumulative Small Skip forward ... - by xandy - 2013-02-03, 15:46
:00 - by Koloss - 2013-07-14, 12:09
RE: :00 - by popcornmix - 2013-07-14, 12:28
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi - by Milhouse - 2013-07-18, 18:32
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi12