• 166(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi
(2013-07-19, 15:36)Tander Wrote: So once I download the lastest build - do I need to change files to fix the sync or is it okay as is?

I believe rbej's latest Frodo build has updated firmware. The latest Gotham does not, so will need manually updating.
Hmmm,
So, download both and then copy the files from one to the Gotham build?
(2013-07-19, 15:49)Tander Wrote: Hmmm,
So, download both and then copy the files from one to the Gotham build?

Yes, you could download Gotham and Frodo builds. Update with Gotham and then replace start.elf / fixup.dat on the sdcard with the ones from the Frodo image.
(or download start.elf / fixup.dat from the link I gave earlier).
(2013-07-19, 15:34)popcornmix Wrote:
(2013-07-19, 15:32)Jönke Wrote: Is the new firmware depending on the latest Xbmc builds? Cause i tried it on a older xbmc build from June and it didn't fix the sync issue.

The firmware update fixes a constant ~300ms offset for all files of a certain type.
Back in June there were other issues where audio sync would start okay, and get worse with time. You'll need a newer xbmc build to fix that problem.

Ok i guess i´ll have to wait for pvr fixes first, cause all the later Gotham builds have some pvr-bugs:
-Sometimes 10 sec black screen before livetv comes
-Channel switching with numbers (1,2,3 etc) dosen`t work, when i press a number the meny comes up, but dosen´t change channel.
-No subtitles in hd live-tv, only sdtv works
-Still changes channel if press down in some menys.
(2013-07-19, 16:31)Jönke Wrote: -Channel switching with numbers (1,2,3 etc) dosen`t work, when i press a number the meny comes up, but dosen´t change channel.
-Still changes channel if press down in some menys.

This is a problem in core xbmc code, and won't be fixed by people here.
I'd suggest a trac ticket (if one doesn't exist already).
Not sure how to do the inplace update?

So backing up the SD card and will do a clean install.

Sorry for all the questions... Sad

Once I have downloaded the files from that link you gave me - how do I "dd" the .tgz files to an SD card?

Can I unzipe the files then make changes the zip and rename it to .img?

Using a MacBook by the way

Thanks!
Question 
Bought a Pi recently and I'm using these Frodo builds mostly due to updated librtmp.
In general I can't complain of its performance, it does the intended job, but I'm having a strong issue and would like some help/opinion on this:
I'm not able of watching hd content streamed from the internet, the video it's constantly stopping for buffering...
last night tried again to watch a 720p series episode and it was impossible, the video waited a few moments to start and played for seconds, then stopped to buffer, then played again, then buffer, and on and on... It kept several time buffering to play a few seconds...
Tried other sources links of the same video file and same problem. Then tried all last builds of this month, and yet same problem.
the Frodo 16/07 started the video more quicker, but almost zero continuous playback;
the Frodo 05/07 took more time to start but played for a couple of minutes;
the Gotham 13/07 buffered more time before starting and was able of playing for 5minutes or so until buffer...
by default I don't use advancedsettings.xml, but yet tried the recommended file by Rbej with <limitcacherate> feature, but the result was worse, I think.
Did lots of reading regarding this issue, and was convinced that the problem is that I'm streaming over wifi, but when streaming the exact same file trough SMB from my desktop computer it runs fine, so I'm not sure... I 'm not able of connecting the Pi by Ethernet cable, so I don't have way of knowing this. Any opinions about the issue and resolution? the problem would be wifi (it's N), internet streaming source, file type??
No icefilms help per forum rules (wiki).
(2013-07-19, 21:14)Ned Scott Wrote: No icefilms help per forum rules (wiki).
sorry, already edited the post. should be fine this way? thanks for the warning
Guys,

I have a 256MB pi whic runs happily the latest gotham release form RBEJ (boot and disk on NFS shares)
I woudl like to experiment with a swap file, which I created and pIaced in /storage/.cache

it is late, my brain is trying to convince me that I should go to bed, but stubbornly I woud like to at least get the swap file mounted.
Unfortunately though I cannot find a way to do it, swapon is "not found", I thought about autostart and some kind of mount command but I cannot find anything suitable, I thought about fstab but I seem to remember it is read-only.

any help?

Thanks

M
You can't mount a swap file over the network. You need to create the swap file on local storage - pop in a small USB stick formatted with ext4, mount it and and use that for your swap file.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thanks MilhouseVH

does it mean that i can leave the swapfile on /var/MEDIA/Storage on the booting SD card? (I believe it should be ext4 and mounted at boot). could you remind me how to mount the swapfile?
thanks
M
(2013-07-19, 20:40)Rui Filipe Wrote: Bought a Pi recently and I'm using these Frodo builds mostly due to updated librtmp.
In general I can't complain of its performance, it does the intended job, but I'm having a strong issue and would like some help/opinion on this:
I'm not able of watching hd content streamed from the internet, the video it's constantly stopping for buffering...
last night tried again to watch a 720p series episode and it was impossible, the video waited a few moments to start and played for seconds, then stopped to buffer, then played again, then buffer, and on and on... It kept several time buffering to play a few seconds...
Tried other sources links of the same video file and same problem. Then tried all last builds of this month, and yet same problem.
the Frodo 16/07 started the video more quicker, but almost zero continuous playback;
the Frodo 05/07 took more time to start but played for a couple of minutes;
the Gotham 13/07 buffered more time before starting and was able of playing for 5minutes or so until buffer...
by default I don't use advancedsettings.xml, but yet tried the recommended file by Rbej with <limitcacherate> feature, but the result was worse, I think.
Did lots of reading regarding this issue, and was convinced that the problem is that I'm streaming over wifi, but when streaming the exact same file trough SMB from my desktop computer it runs fine, so I'm not sure... I 'm not able of connecting the Pi by Ethernet cable, so I don't have way of knowing this. Any opinions about the issue and resolution? the problem would be wifi (it's N), internet streaming source, file type??

I stream HD over over wifi from the internet using rbej Gotham build from 17.06. It's the only one that works very well. Hope it helps.
(2013-07-19, 23:48)mcarni Wrote: Thanks MilhouseVH

does it mean that i can leave the swapfile on /var/MEDIA/Storage on the booting SD card? (I believe it should be ext4 and mounted at boot). could you remind me how to mount the swapfile?
thanks
M

Actually ext2 is also fine for swap. Yes you could use your SD card, but beware of corruption. Have a look in /etc/32_swapfile (I think) which is where all the magic happens. You'll need to create your swapfile manually, then enable swap in autostart.sh.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
ok, thanks, I will look into it

M
  • 166(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi12