OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi
(2013-07-19, 20:40)Rui Filipe Wrote: Bought a Pi recently and I'm using these Frodo builds mostly due to updated librtmp.
In general I can't complain of its performance, it does the intended job, but I'm having a strong issue and would like some help/opinion on this:
I'm not able of watching hd content streamed from the internet, the video it's constantly stopping for buffering...
last night tried again to watch a 720p series episode and it was impossible, the video waited a few moments to start and played for seconds, then stopped to buffer, then played again, then buffer, and on and on... It kept several time buffering to play a few seconds...
Tried other sources links of the same video file and same problem. Then tried all last builds of this month, and yet same problem.
the Frodo 16/07 started the video more quicker, but almost zero continuous playback;
the Frodo 05/07 took more time to start but played for a couple of minutes;
the Gotham 13/07 buffered more time before starting and was able of playing for 5minutes or so until buffer...
by default I don't use advancedsettings.xml, but yet tried the recommended file by Rbej with <limitcacherate> feature, but the result was worse, I think.
Did lots of reading regarding this issue, and was convinced that the problem is that I'm streaming over wifi, but when streaming the exact same file trough SMB from my desktop computer it runs fine, so I'm not sure... I 'm not able of connecting the Pi by Ethernet cable, so I don't have way of knowing this. Any opinions about the issue and resolution? the problem would be wifi (it's N), internet streaming source, file type??

I stream HD over over wifi from the internet using rbej Gotham build from 17.06. It's the only one that works very well. Hope it helps.

Messages In This Thread
MythTV PVR: No Video - by hkramski - 2012-11-13, 20:32
Cumulative Small Skip forward ... - by xandy - 2013-02-03, 15:46
:00 - by Koloss - 2013-07-14, 12:09
RE: :00 - by popcornmix - 2013-07-14, 12:28
RE: Streaming HD content issue, video constantly buffering - by kataiba - 2013-07-20, 00:16
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi12