• 168(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi
(2013-07-20, 18:03)popcornmix Wrote:
(2013-07-20, 17:59)doveman2 Wrote: Video: DVC 720x480 (4:3) 29.97fps 28771kbps [Video]

That's your problem, a proprietry codec. No supported on Pi.

Ah cool, I don't suppose I'll come across too many of those then, they were just the only MOVs I had to hand to test with.
Question 
Quote:I can't seem to find the "mixdown audio" setting anymore

This is gotham change
Updated Frodo Branch

- updated firmware and kernel

- fixed pictures bug

- fixed artifacts after start playing movie

- removed busy spinner

http://netlir.dk/rbej/builds/

http://lysin.me/rbej

(2013-07-20, 19:41)Trickname Wrote:
Quote:I can't seem to find the "mixdown audio" setting anymore
This is gotham change

Thanks.

Now that I've found it, it was already enabled by default but the levels do seem better now, although TV recordings and music are still a lot louder than other video. DVD Rips (VOB, IFO) with Dolby Digital are quite a lot louder than video files (mkv, avi) with Dolby Digital or Stereo soundtracks. iPlayer is very loud in comparison to everything else, so I don't really understand if that can be so loud, why the video files can't be a reasonable volume (at least as loud as DVD Rips and music).

I've been trying to use the XBMCTVServer addon to interface with Mediaportal on my PC but it just reboots the Pi when I try and watch a channel. Watching recordings works and the EPG comes up (albeit after about 4s, whilst the debug overlay I have enabled at the moment freezes). It might be best to forget about TV on the Pi and just keep using a separate STB, which is loads quicker and smoother and just add a link to the recordings folder in Videos to watch those with the Pi.

On several occasions now it's rebooted, or at least restarted XBMC, when I'm browsing for a folder or selecting a folder in the video/music/pictures filelist. I'm running with a 12v 5a PSU going into a 5v/3a converter, which powers the GPIO header via a fuse and also the hub, which only has the remote receiver attached, so power shouldn't be an issue.

The Youtube addon appears to have some problems at the moment but even browsing through the categories it can show "Working" for 10s before the progress bar even appears, making it a chore to use and I think I'd resort to my PC to browse Youtube. Likewise with the iPlayer addon, which can also take this long to open a category and after stopping playback the "Working" icon appears again for up to 10s. I can only assume it's creating the resume point data then.

Enabling "Remote sends keyboard presses" does seem to have sorted out the ghost repeating problem and possibly the remote lag/missing presses as well.

When I first connect to a SMB share, it shows "Wake on LAN - Connecting to Network and the progress bar takes about 10s before it shows me the folder". I'm not sure what it's doing there but I don't think it should take so long to open a network folder.

EDIT: Another annoying bug I've found is that selecting an inaccessible folder can lockup the system. For instance, I selected a folder named Movies which links to nfs://192.168.1.64/Media/Movies. I don't currently have the NFS server running, so it showed the Waiting icon and I pressed back to cancel and it said "unable to access" which is fine. However, then I selected Series, which links to nfs://192.168.1.64/Media/Series and it just completely locked up but the music I had playing in the background kept playing. When the current song finished however, the next one didn't start. After about 3-4mins, it unfroze and acted on all the keypresses I'd done whilst trying to get it to respond and the music playlist started playing again.
@doveman2
Odd I also used the tune2fs command to rename the partition Storage after a hard reset with disk id and it remembered that.
(2013-07-20, 22:10)tuxen Wrote: @doveman2
Odd I also used the tune2fs command to rename the partition Storage after a hard reset with disk id and it remembered that.

Weird. Never mind, I'll just use the existing labels and focus on sorting out more important things Wink
(2013-07-20, 20:19)rbej Wrote: Updated Frodo Branch

- fixed pictures bug

Tested.

Artifact bug is fixed - was minor and only affected a few certain codecs (mainly SD)

FF/Rew is even better than before :-) (thanks to the new firmware I assume?)
Just wish it would maintain the correct volume when the user finishes the Rew/FF: right now it seems to increase it ;-)

(2013-07-20, 20:19)rbej Wrote: - removed busy spinner

I still see the spinner when starting some (SD) videos (which start up WAAAY faster than in the official builds, BTW!): where was it removed? Don't we want it sometimes to let the user know the pi is busy?

Thanks for another nice release!
Does anyone know which section of remote.xml would cover DVD playback and TV Recordings (.ts) playback?

I'm only playing the TV Recordings via the Video filelist browser, not with any PVR plugin but it doesn't seem to use the <FullscreenVideo> section as hash brings up the OSD and a second press selects the current action (default Stop) whereas in <FullscreenVideo> I've got

<blue>AudioNextLanguage</blue>
<hash>AudioNextLanguage</hash>

and blue does switch Audio.

For DVD (rip) playback, I mostly just want to disable rewind as that sends the video back to the start but I'll disable fastforward for now as well as that's rewinding!

With DVD rips, are the menus meant to work as I couldn't find any way to navigate or action them and I think I only managed to get the film to start by pressing Next Chapter a few times?
Is the Osprey video codec supported by omxplayer?
(2013-07-20, 22:41)kreeturez Wrote: I still see the spinner when starting some (SD) videos (which start up WAAAY faster than in the official builds, BTW!): where was it removed? Don't we want it sometimes to let the user know the pi is busy?

I imagine it's only been disabled in the stock Confluence skin - if you're using a third-party skin you'll need to disable the spinner yourself.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
this is turbo !! Big Grin

..but miss the spinner (little)
(2013-07-20, 22:47)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2013-07-20, 22:41)kreeturez Wrote: I still see the spinner when starting some (SD) videos (which start up WAAAY faster than in the official builds, BTW!): where was it removed? Don't we want it sometimes to let the user know the pi is busy?

I imagine it's only been disabled in the stock Confluence skin - if you're using a third-party skin you'll need to disable the spinner yourself.

Aaah, that'll explain it - I'm using Confluence Modified :-)

Damn I love these builds. It's time to see some of these changes shifted upstream to Official testing :-)
(2013-07-20, 22:59)kreeturez Wrote: Aaah, that'll explain it - I'm using Confluence Modified :-)

Damn I love these builds. It's time to see some of these changes shifted upstream to Official testing :-)

See this post if you want to disable the spinner animation in Confluence Modified, it's pretty easy and I don't miss it!
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Quote:I've been trying to use the XBMCTVServer addon to interface with Mediaportal on my PC but it just reboots the Pi when I try and watch a channel
doveman2 give ARGUS TV a look.
its similar to Mediaportal and give my good results.
(i remember Medaportal was once working here & respept all this work)

also try to reset your pvr manager (settings-livetv)
(2013-07-20, 20:19)rbej Wrote: Updated Frodo Branch

- fixed pictures bug

- removed busy spinner

http://netlir.dk/rbej/builds/

http://lysin.me/rbej
Having problems with NTP Servers not staying put, keeps clearing. Time always starts up at 7PM (US/NY) in I think 1969?
Cannot manually set IP address, again, something not staying put. I seem to recall reading about this before but I understand this is a test build.
  • 168(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi12