OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi
(2013-07-22, 21:56)MilhouseVH Wrote: Not sure, to be honest. The Weather add-on is, I think, a core part of XBMC.

Hammering the GUI could be a bug, or just poor design, but either way it usually goes unnoticed when stuff is developed on a quad-core i7 with 8GB RAM... I'm not sure if efficiency is a goal for XBMC (I'd like to think it is) but I've said it before: all code should be tested on the least capable officially supported device before being signed off or accepted. At least that's a rule I'd be enforcing if I was project manager!! Smile

Yeah, I'm never sure whether to report bugs in the main XBMC support forum or the RPi support forum, as it's hard to know if they just affect the RPi or not (as you say, these things are probably not noticeable or considered unimportant on a high-powered desktop PC).

Quote:I don't have any ts files to test with, is it just mpeg2/ts files? I just did a quick test of an SD movie over NFS, and when playing top shows 14-18% but while paused (Conflued Modified with small OSD in top right corner) the CPU load increases to a solid 25%, which is...strange.

Playing an SD movie over SMB gives me 30-45% CPU on XBMC. I was running with debugging enabled though, so maybe the overlay is adding some. Running at 720p with vsync enabled and no overclock.

I just tried adding a NFS folder with Add Videos and playing from that and it's about the same even with debugging disabled and monitoring with top instead (30-37%). Takes about 10s to start playing as well.

I just got the OS NFS Mount working by not using any options with the mount command and so I tested using that and it's much the same as the XBMC mount.

Messages In This Thread
MythTV PVR: No Video - by hkramski - 2012-11-13, 20:32
Cumulative Small Skip forward ... - by xandy - 2013-02-03, 15:46
:00 - by Koloss - 2013-07-14, 12:09
RE: :00 - by popcornmix - 2013-07-14, 12:28
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi - by doveman2 - 2013-07-23, 01:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi12