• 173(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi
(2013-07-23, 19:38)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2013-07-23, 13:46)sraue Wrote: would like to have some testers for this (Frodo / OpenELEC 3.1.3 based) build:
http://sources.openelec.tv/tmp/image/tes...r15163.tar

its mainly based on OpenELEC 3.1.3 with XBMC Frodo but with some Gotham backports from Popcornmix's Frodo backport branch. Any issues which are introduced with this build compared to 3.1.3 should be reported here. If it works (good) i will release this as 3.1.4 very soon.

Trying it now - could you briefly summarise what kind of things we should be testing/looking for? Referencing a repo still doesn't really tell me what you actually included in your build.

yeah understand, but i dont have actually the overview byself about all things what is fixed/changed in https://github.com/popcornmix/xbmc/commi..._backports

@popcornmix, can you help out with a short list what should be tested/ what should be fixed with using the commits from this branch?

@popcornmix, i have noticed a issue with subtitles, after a fresh boot only, where many subtitles are overlapped on moviestart until the first right subtitle is shown. i dont know if this comes from your changes or because we use a lot of other patches and backports (like fernets rendering stuff).

other then that playing DTS should be better or dont needs to much overclocking - for example
greetings, Stephan

I found this in my old Frodo 12.1 build's autostart.sh

Code:
(sleep 20
echo 50 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/ondemand/up_threshold
)&

Is there any reason to still use this with the latest Frodo or Gotham?

I'm also finding the Emprex remote is working much smoother with this old Frodo build than with the latest Gotham, where it has a few issues with lagging/ignoring keypresses and getting into phantom keypress loops (although it seems a bit better since resetting .xbmc). This Frodo build is running from a class 4 SD, whereas the Gotham build was running from a Sandisk Class 10, both with no USB for storage at the moment.

I can only guess some firmware update causes issues for the remote. Does anyone know what I can do to try and identify the relevant differences? I don't mean by analysing the firmware source, which is beyond me, but by using linux commands, checking logs, etc. Or do I need to ask about this on the RPi forum?
That autostart is not part of any build its a workaround to lower the threshold trigger, meaning that the governor will jump to max speed on 50% CPU usage instead of 95% that is default.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
(2013-07-23, 21:04)doveman2 Wrote: I found this in my old Frodo 12.1 build's autostart.sh

Code:
(sleep 20
echo 50 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/ondemand/up_threshold
)&

Is there any reason to still use this with the latest Frodo or Gotham?

thats included in OpenELEC by default since some releases, so you dont need this anymore in autostart.sh
greetings, Stephan

Sraue speak you german?

I can better communicate in german!
(2013-07-23, 22:57)Koloss Wrote: Sraue speak you german?

yes but i dont think here is the right place to speak in german... you can join #openelec on IRC via freenode.net (or the webchat on www.openelec.tv) to find me :-)
greetings, Stephan

Thanks xbs08 and sraue.

I vaguely remembered what it was for but as it was so long ago, didn't know if it was still useful or would even still do anything Wink

Now regarding my NFS mount, which I'm using autostart.sh to take care of with

Code:
# Wait for the network to come up...
while [ -z "$(connmanctl state | grep State | grep -E "ready|online")" ]; do sleep 0.25; done; logger -t "$(basename $0)" "** Network is up **"

[ ! -d /storage/NFS-Media ] && mkdir /storage/NFS-Media

NFSOPTS=nfsvers=3,rw,intr,noatime,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,nolock,async,proto=tcp
mount -t nfs 192.168.1.64:/Media /storage/NFS-Media -o $NFSOPTS &

I'm just wondering if there's another method of doing the mount at a later stage, as the problem with this is that if the server is unavailable (perhaps I'm using the Pi at someone else's house for whatever reason or maybe the server's just off and I'd like to use the RPi to watch something stored on a USB stick, or stream some audio/video files), then the boot gets stuck at this point. So if I could get it to mount (or attempt to) only when I go into Movies or Music and it needs to access the files on the server (which the library is populated with) that would be better.
Seems there is a new Rbej Gotham release online!
https://lysin.me/rbej/Gotham/OpenELEC-RP...29.tar.bz2
(2013-07-23, 23:08)sraue Wrote:
(2013-07-23, 22:57)Koloss Wrote: Sraue speak you german?

yes but i dont think here is the right place to speak in german... you can join #openelec on IRC via freenode.net (or the webchat on www.openelec.tv) to find me :-)

I have a error on the openelec webpage chat

Error: 404 - Category not found
(2013-07-23, 23:21)doveman2 Wrote: Thanks xbs08 and sraue.

I vaguely remembered what it was for but as it was so long ago, didn't know if it was still useful or would even still do anything Wink

Now regarding my NFS mount, which I'm using autostart.sh to take care of with

Code:
while [ -z "$(connmanctl state | grep State | grep -E "ready|online")" ]; do sleep 0.25; done; logger -t "$(basename $0)" "** Network is up **"

[ ! -d /storage/NFS-Media ] && mkdir /storage/NFS-Media

NFSOPTS=nfsvers=3,rw,intr,noatime,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,nolock,async,proto=tcp

I'm just wondering if there's another method of doing the mount at a later stage, as the problem with this is that if the server is unavailable (perhaps I'm using the Pi at someone else's house for whatever reason or maybe the server's just off and I'd like to use the RPi to watch something stored on a USB stick, or stream some audio/video files), then the boot gets stuck at this point. So if I could get it to mount (or attempt to) only when I go into Movies or Music and it needs to access the files on the server (which the library is populated with) that would be better.

try something like this:
Code:
. /etc/profile

wait_for_inet_adr

mkdir -p /storage/NFS-Media

greetings, Stephan

Good yo know that this now part of openelec.
Can we change the threshold value?
What's the default value? 50?

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
(2013-07-23, 23:28)sraue Wrote: try something like this:
Code:
. /etc/profile

wait_for_inet_adr

Thanks. Can you explain when this /etc/profile would be executed please?
(2013-07-24, 00:29)doveman2 Wrote:
(2013-07-23, 23:28)sraue Wrote: try something like this:
Code:
. /etc/profile

wait_for_inet_adr

Thanks. Can you explain when this /etc/profile would be executed please?

Code:
. /etc/profile
inserts this file which insterts all from /etc/profile.d dir, there is
Code:
wait_for_inet_adr
defined which waits on a ipaddress and then runs the further code (so basically what you do too) with the exception it gives up after 10sec and continues. using wait_for_inet_adr here helps to reuse something we already use and included
greetings, Stephan

Thanks sraue, I understand a bit better now. I thought you were telling me to put the text below /etc/profile IN /etc/profile Blush

Sorry but that doesn't seem to work and the share doesn't get mounted. If it worked it would avoid the problem with the boot halting when the server isn't available but then if it does become available, it still won't mount when going into the library, so I'd have to reboot to get it mounted which isn't ideal. Perhaps there's a way to map a script to mount it to a button on my remote, although of course I'd prefer an automatic method that does this when going into the Library but I realise that might require some changes in XBMC itself.
Looks like it should be:
Code:
wait_for_inet_addr
and you can specify an alternative timeout by assigning a value (in seconds) to WAIT_NETWORK_TIME (see /etc/profile.d/21-connman.conf for more info). Smile
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
  • 173(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi12