• 35(current)
[Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR
@A600
where are you?
(2013-03-19, 20:52)Haraldpeter Wrote: On my Win XP System there is running DVBViewer 5.0 /RS 1.2.5 and XBMC Frodo 12.1. Installed is pvr.dvbviewer addon 1.6.5 from A600.
Now I want update to the actually version 1.7.5 or 1.7.6 but I have problemes to do that:

(2013-03-19, 21:24)dhjgv Wrote: Same error for me...

Guys,
pvr.dvbviewer >1.7 is for XBMC nightly. You cannot load this on XBMC frodo. Either update or use my plugin < 1.7 (see signature).

PS: I'll release a new bugfix version in about a minute. It's compiling right now.
Quote:I updated the source to the actual pvr api.

Now it is necessary to use one of the latest nightlies (19.03.2013 or later)
I have done it this way:

Installed XBMC from 19.03.2013 with PVR addons

Than manualy overwrite all the files in your XBMC Installation "pvr.dvbviewer" with the files what are included in the zip file.
Only a modfied string.po Version for english and german is available.

Installing the addon from zip in XBMC is right now not working.

The actual version of the addon for the XBMC build from today is 1.7.6 with the date: 19.03.2013, 18:07
Hi,

I'm back from skiing. No broken legs or arms. So I decided to release a small update. It includes a fix for a possible crash during timer updates only. Link to my post containing the downloads is in my signature.

My next major step will be to get my version pulled into upstream, aka XBMC mainline repository.

Additional Portisch has released his own version, which includes some great speed improvements (thus requiring DVBViewer Recording Service v1.25). We are currently planing a merge, so prepare your backend.
(2013-03-13, 17:37)sw4y Wrote: Thank you manül! I appreciate that!
Hi sw4y,

I think I've found the problem. My cross toolchain was using libc 2.17 but raspbmc (debian based) is using 2.13.
I've recompiled both my toolchain aswell as the raspberry pi version. Feel free to try again.
(2013-03-19, 22:56)manül Wrote:
(2013-03-13, 17:37)sw4y Wrote: Thank you manül! I appreciate that!
Hi sw4y,

I think I've found the problem. My cross toolchain was using libc 2.17 but raspbmc (debian based) is using 2.13.
I've recompiled both my toolchain aswell as the raspberry pi version. Feel free to try again.

Thank you manül!

I'll give it a try today and come back with the results!
I just installed version 1.6.6 (for raspberry) and still the addon does not load.
Same error as before.

Maybe somebody else can check if the error appears too.

Anyway, thanks for your work manül!
(2013-03-19, 22:18)manül Wrote:
(2013-03-19, 21:24)dhjgv Wrote: Same error for me...

Guys,
pvr.dvbviewer >1.7 is for XBMC nightly. You cannot load this on XBMC frodo. Either update or use my plugin < 1.7 (see signature).

PS: I'll release a new bugfix version in about a minute. It's compiling right now.

I used the nightly from 19032013.... The only thing I didn't, was to delete the profile folder, but I will try that also this evening.
I used nightly with dvbviewer server 1.2.5 and latest xbmc addon but still same channel loading of 5 secs :F

I get 2-3 secs loading when I use normal xbmc and build and standard addon.

Also when im clicking on a channel that is encrypted it obviously loads a long time cus its not getting keys etc. I then find xbmc getting stuck and I cant click on another channel because id rather not wait 30 secs. Any workaround for this?
(2013-03-20, 08:03)sw4y Wrote: I just installed version 1.6.6 (for raspberry) and still the addon does not load.
Same error as before.
Just tested with raspbmc on my rpi. Both versions (1.6.6 + 1.6.7) load normal.
What kind of rpi distribution are you using? Maybe they don't compile with hardfp enabled.

(2013-03-20, 10:20)dhjgv Wrote: I used the nightly from 19032013.... The only thing I didn't, was to delete the profile folder, but I will try that also this evening.
Tested with XBMC 20130318 on windows. Both of my plugin versions (1.6.6 + 1.6.7) load without any problems.

(2013-03-20, 13:33)urkal Wrote: I used nightly with dvbviewer server 1.2.5 and latest xbmc addon but still same channel loading of 5 secs :F

Also when im clicking on a channel that is encrypted it obviously loads a long time cus its not getting keys etc. I then find xbmc getting stuck and I cant click on another channel because id rather not wait 30 secs. Any workaround for this?
There was no work on improving the channel switch time. This is all related to ffmpeg (internal library) which parses the video/audio transport stream. There's nothing I'm aware of a pvr plugin could do about this.

Re. "getting stuck": Try pressing the stop-button on your control or keyboard. XBMC will hang about 5 seconds but overall this is faster than waiting for the usual timeout. Again, this is related to XBMC and ffmpeg internals.
I'm using the latest raspbmc official - no nightly build.

But good to hear it works for you, I'm gonna do a clean reinstall and report!
(2013-03-20, 16:04)manül Wrote: There was no work on improving the channel switch time. This is all related to ffmpeg (internal library) which parses the video/audio transport stream. There's nothing I'm aware of a pvr plugin could do about this.
To speed up channel switches you could provide your own demuxer that knows about your stream structure and does not have to analyze like ffmpeg does
(2013-03-20, 18:53)da-anda Wrote:
(2013-03-20, 16:04)manül Wrote: There was no work on improving the channel switch time. This is all related to ffmpeg (internal library) which parses the video/audio transport stream. There's nothing I'm aware of a pvr plugin could do about this.
To speed up channel switches you could provide your own demuxer that knows about your stream structure and does not have to analyze like ffmpeg does

Wouldn't it be possible to move the "PVR" demuxing into XBMC? That way all addons could benefit from it - after all I guess almost all TV-Streams look similar, don't they?

Another reason for this is that I'm really bad in coding, so every complicated thing that is handled by the experts is a good thing for me Smile
VU+ / Enigma2 PVR Client: Documentation | Development | Discussion
As far as i'm aware, there is already a fix for fast switching from fernetmenta... It's been sitting in XBMC's git pull request for months. Not sure when it'll get merged though.
(2013-03-20, 21:13)jdembski Wrote: Wouldn't it be possible to move the "PVR" demuxing into XBMC? That way all addons could benefit from it - after all I guess almost all TV-Streams look similar, don't they?

Another reason for this is that I'm really bad in coding, so every complicated thing that is handled by the experts is a good thing for me Smile
elupus, opdenkamp or FernetMenta have to answer that - my C++ "skill" is almost non existent and I have absolutely no idea of this stuff. But I think it's not that easy when it comes to timeshift buffers (stream changes). As loggio mentioned, there are some concepts/PRs that might speed up/improve things within XBMC.
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR12