• 33(current)
[Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR
@Portisch
Do you know if it's possible to switch automatically into the channel being recorded if the tuner is used by the service?
If the tuner is in use. XBMC turn around and do not jump directly into the single available channel.
French Kodi translator on Weblate
is A600 still active working on this plugin or has development stopped ?
Hi,

I have a strange problem with channels who have multiple audio tracks. The first stream is working, but when I select one of the others there is no audio, In DVBViewer all tracks are playing just fine
Any ideas on what is causing this?

CC
(2013-03-09, 16:54)crazy cameltoe Wrote: Hi,

I have a strange problem with channels who have multiple audio tracks. The first stream is working, but when I select one of the others there is no audio, In DVBViewer all tracks are playing just fine
Any ideas on what is causing this?

CC

Don't know. But try to move right audio track top of list in dvbv channeleditor.

I notice dvbviewer plugin 1.7.5 is in the latest nightlies.
Favourites still don't work for me though! :-(
@piipes

Thanks for the tip, but still no sound.

CC
Smile 
(2013-03-10, 13:24)Waka Wrote: Favourites still don't work for me though! :-(

@Portisch
For me the favs work now. Cool
Thanks for finding this bug regarding the favs so quickly.

@Waka
I had to update recording service to the latest version.
after that I dumped all my old favorites
I made a complete rescan for channels - don´t know, if dvbviewer saved them previously in 32 or 64 bit scheme - just wanted to make sure
after that I made a small favorites list from the freshly scanned/updated overall channel list
I reset the xbmc PVR database.
I am also telling xbmc to use the channel settings of the backend.
After that all was well. the new favs was read correctly, including ARTE
Radio channels are not read so far - but this is a minor problem - first things first - get TV working with DVB Server is a real great thing!
(2013-02-26, 13:57)newlynx Wrote:
(2013-01-30, 17:42)piipes Wrote:
(2013-01-30, 15:39)newlynx Wrote: Does the plugin support subtitles (DVB or teletext) because I cannot find an option for that or it is part of the PVR mechanism?

Yes it support. Command is nextsubtitle, i use eventghost. Think that keyboard L is right key.

Unfortunately I cannot make it work. Subtitles are working in DVBViewe but not in XBMC.

I have the same problem. Teletext subtitles work in dvbviewer, they are shown in xbmc as selected, but nothing is rendered... Stock Frodo with addon from official repository... any suggestions? Is newer addon needed and if it is where can I download it?
Hello,

about two months ago I added basic timeshift support and sent A600 a git pull request. He replied he'll review as soon as possible, but nothing happend. A few days ago I decided to continue working on the plugin and more important rebase my work on current xbmc-pvr-addons aswell as to release unofficial plugin updates. My plan is to get my work into upstream repository so everyone will benefit of my improvements.

Please test my version. In case of channel list errors (i.e. channel missing), try the "Safe) (re-)Installation" method below.
If everything is well, I'll try to push my changes in the next week.

New features
  • Timeshift, enable in addon settings
  • Channel names from favourites will override the origin channel name. Allows to easily rename channel names (edit your favourites.xml in DVB Viewer directory)

Known Bugs / Limitations
  • As of now there's no timeshift ringbuffer. So if you watch a channel for a long time you might run out of disk space (depends on your free space). Switching channel will truncate the buffer.

(re-)Installation
  • Disable (+uninstall if possible) the addon
  • Reset the PVR database (Settings -> LiveTV -> General)
  • Download new version, safe file with a unique name (e.g. pvr.dvbviewer-CURRENT_DATE.zip) to prevent caching
  • Install + enable addon

Changelog
Quote:1.9.28 (helix) / 1.10.28 (nightly)
[added] RecordingReader: Allows playback of ongoing recordings
There are still some minor quirks. e.g. In case we reach the end during
playback/seek we'll sleep until the next refresh. This should happen
once but sometimes this happens twice.
[added] Support for putting outline before plot
[fixed] Removed custom notification if backend is unavailable
[fixed] A new timer has been removed and re-added again shortly after it has
been added the first time
[...]

Full changelog

Downloads
Kodi Helix
Kodi Nightly (not available right now)

Development Snapshots (if available)
Kodi Helix
Kodi Nightly (not available right now)

Source Code
https://github.com/manuelm/xbmc-pvr-addons
Great news!

I have done a lot of rework on the original source. Some bugfix and some improvements. But this source will need a newer RS version than 1.24.0.0. There are some changes to the RS web api to improve channel, favorite, recording and EPG handling.

When the new RS version will be public I will release the improved addon with the source here.
(2013-03-12, 23:23)Portisch Wrote: I have done a lot of rework on the original source. Some bugfix and some improvements. But this source will need a newer RS version than 1.24.0.0. There are some changes to the RS web api to improve channel, favorite, recording and EPG handling.
I'm planing on requiring 1.24 for the next pvr version as well. Actually I've already done it. This should fix all channel uids and channel logo problems aswell as remove the additional image fetch request for recordings.

Why do you need >1.24 and especially will it introduce incompatible changes?
Maybe we can coordinate a merge.

Add.: @Portisch I'll be unavailable till next Week. But feel free to contact me. I'll answer as soon as I can.
Quote:Why do you need >1.24 and especially will it introduce incompatible changes?

Because the new RS version will have some new functions implemented to make it easier to comunicate with the addon.
These changes where done in corporation with the DVBViewer team.
The current addon will be still compatible but for sure not that efficient.

Quote:Maybe we can coordinate a merge.
Will be nice! After I uploaded the new source feel free to use and modify it.
Hi there,

any1 of you included the changes regarding the ffmpeg handling (channel switching times). I guess currently all of the pvr plugins suffer from
bad channel switching times (at least compared to dvbviewer). Do you know whether they are already included in the nightlies?

I guess for most of us this is the real show stopper (wife factor) to use XBMC as a single front-end for everything.

Don´t get me wrong - it´s really great news that this plugin will be continued/improved by both of you!

Cheers,

h3ll
@ manül

Could you provide a addon-version for raspbmc users?

If I install the 32bit Linux version I just get the message "the plugin can not be loaded"...

I'm also having a problem when using favorites with raspbmc, it does not load the channel it expects to load.

Maybe somebody knows how to fix this?
(2013-03-13, 12:44)sw4y Wrote: Could you provide a addon-version for raspbmc users?

If I install the 32bit Linux version I just get the message "the plugin can not be loaded"...
Sure you'll get that. 32bit linux is x86, raspberry is arm architecture. I'll try to setup a cross compile environment on one of my servers now. I'm not sure how long this will take so if I can't finish it today I'll look into this next week again.

(2013-03-13, 12:44)sw4y Wrote: I'm also having a problem when using favorites with raspbmc, it does not load the channel it expects to load.
Maybe somebody knows how to fix this?
If my version still makes problems for you, please send me your channels.dat (http://$RS_HOST:8089/api/getchannelsdat.html) + favourites.html (http://$RS_HOST:8089/api/getfavourites.html). Regardless of that, the next version, requiring DVBViewer RS 1.24 will probably fix it anyway Smile
  • 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR12