[Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR
(2014-04-23, 09:28)sdfg Wrote: On android channel change without timeshifting is now >20 sec.
With timeshifting 6-7 secs (dvb-t) and 5 secs (dvb-s).
I have serious doubts about the value w/o timeshifting.

(2014-04-23, 09:28)sdfg Wrote: The speed difference between dvb-t and dvb-s is noticeable.
During channel change (in both dvb-t and dvb-s) picture is frozen and audio is mute.
When channel is changed (in both dvb-s and dvb-t) picture is perfectly synced with audio.
You can find a good explanation about how MPEG GOP works in noggins post.
I guess your DVB-T device takes longer to warm up than your DVB-S device. On channel switch dvbviewer just sends a channel switch command whereas xbmc/PVR completely terminates the connection and the DVB device will shutdown just to start up a few milliseconds later.

(2014-04-23, 09:28)sdfg Wrote: P.S.: Using dvbviewer is all lightning fast (1-2 secs always).
xbmc is a generic player whereas dvbviewer only cares about tv streams. This allows dvbviewer to make a few assumptions about the data which xbmc can not do (e.g. it's always TS/MPEG). Also on channel switch dvbviewer never disconnects from the backend, but xbmc always does. Additional dvbviewer is using RTSP while the PVR is using TS-streams. This might slow down decoding too (never measured).

(2014-04-23, 09:28)sdfg Wrote: Tell me what can I try to improve speed in dvb-t, if you want logs, etc..
I don't need and want any logs regarding switching times. But you can go ahead and play with the code. Nobody will stop you.

Messages In This Thread
New Version of PVR.Addon?? - by tvfreak - 2012-12-02, 18:20
Wrong channel name - by Highjack - 2013-04-27, 19:16
RE: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR - by manül - 2014-04-23, 12:43
Cannot connect to dvbviewer... - by blion - 2014-11-22, 12:34
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR12