How to add a custom internet radio station to xbmc?
(2012-09-21, 23:48)PatK Wrote: A few issues... using notepad, and saving the above will get you "radioorient.srtm.txt" instead of "radioorient.srtm" with the proper extension... using notepad++ or renaming the file after you have created it... Using the above address didn't prove successful for some reason... but this does.. http://95.81.146.2/radioorient/all/radioorient.mp3 throw it in a folder XBMC file mode can see it... call it "radioorient.srtm" and click on it,

It should play.... works for me. Creating a button on the front page is a matter of saving it as a favourite, (check to see it still plays find) then using whatever skin tools you have to link it to a front or custom button. Have a look at the add-on Live Streams, it will give you a nice custom interface for all these .strms

PatK, Thank you for trying to help, but I have no idea how to do this. You lost me at:

"throw it in a folder XBMC file mode can see it... call it "radioorient.srtm" and click on it,"

Throw what in the folder, the url? and what folder can XBMC file mode see? and where is this folder? what's the path to it? I'm lost..

I've downloaded Notepad++ as you said and paste it the link you provided into it, but when I tried to save it, I could NOT find the "strm" extension!!!

Can you please walk me through this, step by step? I'm really lost...

Your 2nd paragraph is not clear to me either...can you please walk me through this process as well step by step...I Really Appreciate IT!!!

Thank You!
This walk through depends on some rudimentary computer skills... like renaming files and drilling down into folders. If this doesn't do it for you consider the add-on 'Live Streams' and make a plea in that forum for others to add your request to their list.

1) Open Notepad++

2) type into the new Notepad++ window (cut&paste will also work if you know how to do that) http://95.81.146.2/radioorient/all/radioorient.mp3

3) Go to the 'file' drop down menu (top left corner), choose 'save as' a file save window (otherwise called a file browser) will appear...

4) Choose for the filename "radioorient.strm" without the quotes in that browser

5) Under file types choose "All types (.)" in that browser

6) Under 'Save to' in the browser, you need to pick a location that is in the visable XBMC content path. So save it next to a movie that already plays well.

7) exit Notepad++

8) start XBMC and in file mode, locate the "radioorient.strm" file and click play.
(2012-09-22, 17:30)PatK Wrote: This walk through depends on some rudimentary computer skills... like renaming files and drilling down into folders. If this doesn't do it for you consider the add-on 'Live Streams' and make a plea in that forum for others to add your request to their list.

1) Open Notepad++

2) type into the new Notepad++ window (cut&paste will also work if you know how to do that) http://95.81.146.2/radioorient/all/radioorient.mp3

3) Go to the 'file' drop down menu (top left corner), choose 'save as' a file save window (otherwise called a file browser) will appear...

4) Choose for the filename "radioorient.strm" without the quotes in that browser

5) Under file types choose "All types (.)" in that browser

6) Under 'Save to' in the browser, you need to pick a location that is in the visable XBMC content path. So save it next to a movie that already plays well.

7) exit Notepad++

8) start XBMC and in file mode, locate the "radioorient.strm" file and click play.

Thanks PatK. Stuck on #6. where do I save it? can you please spell out the path? That's where I'm stuck! Let me ask you this...Where do I put it on my ATV2 so I can access it there not from my PC . The reason I want to put it on my ATV2 (as oppose to anywhere on my laptop) is so that I can access it anytime, without having to have my PC On. The problem I'm having is where ever I put it on the ATV2 folders or sub-folders, I can't see it, it's not recognizing it as a .strm file!!!, I guess I'm looking for a folder inside the ATV2 that has or can have .strm files, so that when I look for it within XBMC, I can find the file and just dbl clk on it and play it! Thanks again for your patience! Can you try to put that file on ur atv2(not a folder on your pc) and tell me if you succeed and how? Cheers!

P.S. and btw, saving the file onto a folder on the pc, then play it using xbmc works fine. Thank You! But I want it on the ATV2 and that's my issue Bro!
I don't own an ATV, and as far as I understand there is no local storage on an ATV, and that's why I asked you to store it next to a movie... I assumed you connected to a NAS or some lan storage. The only alternative is an add-on like Live Streams and manually add it to the .XML file.
Got it! Thank You Bro!
New here, looking for something similar. This: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=97116 looks promising.

How about just adding the 'Radio' add on from the default XBMC repo?

Radio Orient is in the list of French Radio stations (and playback works) or you can also add a custom station with this add on.

The Radio add on has its own favourites (My Stations) or you can add to the XBMC favourites (which can then be added to the home menu as an individual link depending on what skin you use - eg: 'Confluence Lite Mod')

Seems like an easier way to manage multiple radio stations with a nice interface without losing the ability to add custom streams.

Maybe this helps Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
Thanks jmh2002!
You are welcome Smile

Unless I am misunderstanding something then Im surprised at all the other 'complex' solutons being offered, when there is a very simple solution available right there in the default repo... Wink
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
Thanks for sharing bro!
PHP Code:
[code][/code
Wow! Excellent Post.You have done a really good job. But, you can try setting up a radio station. I have also done many things for setting up a radio station. Please try Smile this site: [url=http://www.museter.com/how-to-start-an-internet-radio-station.html
]museter.com[/url]

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to add a custom internet radio station to xbmc?0