Best External media data manager?
Hey guys im looking at a good program that integrates well with XBMC. Ive tried using Ember before, its great for managing media in the program but i find it does not translate to XBMC well. maybe its just me....

Im finding the XBMC built in scraper constantly getting posters in the wrong language on movies (that are named correctly) And its not showing some shows (they show up but theres no seasons/episodes inside it) they have been named correctly and still nothing =(

So if anyone knows a good program that integrates well with xbmc id appreciate it
lol, how about sharing what you're doing?
- Ember initially created for XBMC so it would be a surprise if XBMC couldn't import the files created by EMM
- Concerning wrong language with built-in scrapers: the language has nothing to do with the folder/file names. Getting poster on the wrong language is not really even possible (unless the language is wrongly set on themoviedb.org) so I don't know what you are doing - would be helpful if you were telling us
(2012-08-09, 05:49)mindrage Wrote: Im finding the XBMC built in scraper constantly getting posters in the wrong language on movies (that are named correctly)

Oh, I see how this can happen. Most probably you have a preferred language set, but tmdb doesn't have poster with this language.
The scraper in this case falls back to all poster instead of English only, therefore some times you can have a non-English poster there.

I've changed the fallback to be English only, so should be OK once the scraper updated itself.
Yeah for some reason i spend hours going through all of my movies/TV Shows with ember, which is a great program. And get everything the way i want it, But somehow it doesnt all come across to xbmc.

Yes i have my language set to english.

I Shall try updating it and trying it again, Thanks so much for your replies Olympia
imho after testing all of media scraper, for me, ember media manager is the best. true, it does have minor problem like, trailers never works for me, default movie title is the original title(if its foreign language, its foreign title), caching scraped media have problems(when cache enable, not all poster/fanart can be select O.o ), cannot do select multiple file-rename(only last selected file is renamed).

if someone find any other scraper thats better than emm, do tell.
xbmc Smile
I've had the same problem. I didn't used to have this problem, but recently lost all my nfo and tbn, etc... did a massive scrape of the library and found that with the default settings, using english as the language there are tons of posters that get scraped with some non english version of the poster. I have to manually go in an change the poster. The rest of the content is all in english. Not sure why its doing this.

I even tried setting to use a different poster site in case the first poster happened to default to an undesirable foreign one. no luck. if anyone has any idea if this is stored in an xml or cache or settings file that might be wonked let me know. I'm now switching to media companion to see if that works any better.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best External media data manager?1