Hardware Acceleration
Hi All,

I recently rebuilt my PC, but i'm struggling to get XBMC to use video hardware acceleration.

I have this motherboard. I downloaded and installed the Window 7 64but graphic driver from the manufacturers website here and enabled it with XBMC.

But when I click O on a video I know used to utilise video hardware acceleration it no longer does.

Here is a log file when I tried to play Avatar.

Thanks
Have you tried downloading and installing the graphics drivers from AMD instead of from Gigabyte?
(This should be an improvement regardless, as it'll give you the AMD audio drivers as opposed to the Realtek ones.)
Good shout, i'll download them and let you know.
Ok, downloaded that utility and install what it recomended XBMC still doesnt pick up hardware acceleration.

Any other suggestions?
(2012-09-22, 19:04)StartCodon Wrote: Have you tried downloading and installing the graphics drivers from AMD instead of from Gigabyte?
(This should be an improvement regardless, as it'll give you the AMD audio drivers as opposed to the Realtek ones.)
AMD Audio is only related to the HDMI output, for the analog output there's no way around the Realtek codec...

Try downloading and installing DirectX 9: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/...aspx?id=35
Windows 7 doesn't come with this by default, so you might not have it and I think it's needed for DXVA acceleration.
Installed DirectX without any luck
What is the problem (stuttering, no sound, no video or what?) when you tried to playback Avatar?
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hardware Acceleration0