xbmc-pvr-addons - Build on x86_64, run on i386, is that possible ?
Hi there,

I've got latest version of xbmc-pvr-addons code from git and built it on a x86_64 system, like this:
Code:
./bootstrap
./configure --build=i686-pc-linux
make zip

I've then installed it on XBMC running on a i686 system, and found this error on the log while trying to enable the addon:
Code:
ERROR: Unable to load /home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/pvr.demo/XBMC_Demo.pvr, reason: /home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/pvr.demo/XBMC_Demo.pvr: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

So as far as I understand this is because I'm trying to run a 64 bit addon on a 32 bit host.

Is there anything wrong on the steps I did to cross-compile ?

Thanks!
Hernán.-
missing --host (where it runs)

--build (where it is built)
Can this be used to build the addons for iOS on X86_64?
OSX/iOS is dirt simple Smile

make -C tools/darwin/depends/xbmc-pvr-addons

In fact, we just enabled them to auto-build in depends/Makefile
... Meaning that they should appear in the next buildbot builds? (hopefully?)
only for osx right now, we will see what happens before turning on pvr-addons in ios.
(2012-09-22, 18:45)davilla Wrote: missing --host (where it runs)

--build (where it is built)

Ok, so if I understood it right, this is the case of a Canadian Cross, and it must be done like this on a x86_64 machine (where the software is built):

Code:
make clean
./bootstrap
./configure --host=i486-pc-linux --build=x86_64-pc-linux
make zip

However, I've got a 64-bit binary (when I was waiting a 32-bit binary):

Code:
$ file addons/pvr.demo/XBMC_Demo.pvr
addons/pvr.demo/XBMC_Demo.pvr: ELF 64-bit LSB shared object, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, BuildID[sha1]=0xf003931de687cec7031eedbc8f951c5c70518577, not stripped

And XBMC (32-bit) log still reads after enabling the Add-on:

Code:
19:29:31 T:2972773184   DEBUG: Loading: /home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/pvr.demo/XBMC_Demo.pvr
19:29:31 T:2972773184   ERROR: Unable to load /home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/pvr.demo/XBMC_Demo.pvr, reason: /home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/pvr.demo/XBMC_Demo.pvr: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

Any other hints ?

Thanks again!
Hernán.-
looking at config.log might help.
(2012-09-22, 18:33)hmr Wrote: Hi there,

I've got latest version of xbmc-pvr-addons code from git and built it on a x86_64 system, like this:
Code:
./bootstrap
./configure --build=i686-pc-linux
make zip

I've then installed it on XBMC running on a i686 system, and found this error on the log while trying to enable the addon:
Code:
ERROR: Unable to load /home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/pvr.demo/XBMC_Demo.pvr, reason: /home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/pvr.demo/XBMC_Demo.pvr: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

So as far as I understand this is because I'm trying to run a 64 bit addon on a 32 bit host.

Is there anything wrong on the steps I did to cross-compile ?

Thanks!
Hernán.-

I'd try simply
./configure --host=i486-pc-linux

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc-pvr-addons - Build on x86_64, run on i386, is that possible ?0