Android Smart TV Box - AMLogic M3 STB
(2012-10-13, 13:00)j1nx Wrote: I used a SD-Card.

Maybe try to get your hands on one too.

i dont know if you were referring to my post, but i keep getting that error.
I'm using a sd card.
Unfortunately i keep getting crashes with the original rom.
i guess i'm going to return the box and wait when it's more supported

(2012-10-15, 01:18)sigfunaris Wrote:

I'm using a sd card.

No sorry, I was referring to "Jr__" his problem with the "failed to mount" error.

Your error actually looks like you have a newer version on the box already? Can you double check which version you have on the box? I could create a update.zip for you without the version check, but I am most interested to know, which firmware you have.

EDIT: I checked the updater-script of the firmware and the timestamp is different from yours.
Quote:1348556437
Are you also sure you downloaded the right zip file from the Midnight site? You need the one from the 25th of September
Quote:UWS120710bgzp-120925.zip
With this box or other similar boxes which have optical out.

Can you go into the xbmc settings and go to audio output and select optical and will it pass through dts 5.1 etc through the optical ?

Also can it do deinterlacing ?
(2012-10-15, 09:34)j1nx Wrote:
(2012-10-15, 01:18)sigfunaris Wrote:

I'm using a sd card.

No sorry, I was referring to "Jr__" his problem with the "failed to mount" error.

Your error actually looks like you have a newer version on the box already? Can you double check which version you have on the box? I could create a update.zip for you without the version check, but I am most interested to know, which firmware you have.

EDIT: I checked the updater-script of the firmware and the timestamp is different from yours.
Quote:1348556437
Are you also sure you downloaded the right zip file from the Midnight site? You need the one from the 25th of September
Quote:UWS120710bgzp-120925.zip

i havent found the rom with that timestamp anywere.
the version installed on my box seems to be
ICS.MBX.20121003
kernel version 2.6.34
wyt123@ubuntuwyst123#2
Wed Oct 3 11:51:05 CST 2012

it seems to be the version of October the 3rd
i dont know if it's good or not, but i have tried to install the lasted
xbmc from your website ( october the 1st )
but it crashes all the time. I've noticed a really high cpu usage
even in idle.

I couldnt even play a local video file ( avi xvid ) located into the sd card
without a crash.If i play it through android mediaplayer it works fine.
I've decided to install the midnight rom of september the 25th but
it seems it doesnt allow me to do because it's a prior version.
I changed the timestamp located into the metadata file with the timestamp
of today but then i get a signature control fail.
Any other suggestion?

thanks for your help
j1nx, you seem to have some insights into the guy that runs Oval Elephant - do they have ANY news for us re: updated firmware? Official information seems very quiet.
Does the manufacturer have official support? Are the xbmc forums being used for that?
They have official forums. They are just clogged with spam and the admin/owner is nowhere to be seen.
(2012-10-16, 10:42)jr__ Wrote: j1nx, you seem to have some insights into the guy that runs Oval Elephant - do they have ANY news for us re: updated firmware? Official information seems very quiet.

No news.

He really tried to get some support from the manufacturer, but nope ....

I have another plan in mind, which I will ventilate a bit later. Up till then it comes down to the community.

My advise for now;
1) g-box midnight 9-25-12 http://androidtvbox.us/wp...night/midnight-120925.rar
2) Titinium Backup from the store and remove;
- App installer
- Aml2D Launcher
- Camera
- CommWebSite
- DeskClock
- Email en Exchange
- FileBrowser
- Galaxy4 --> LiveWallpaper?
- MagicSmoke --> LiveWallpaper?
- MediaCenter
- MusicPlayer
- NoiceField --> LiveWallpaper?
- PhaseBeam --> LiveWallpaper?
- Phone
- PicturePlayer
- PPPoE
- Samba
- TelephonyProvider
- VideoPlayer
- Visualization --> LiveWallpaper

3) Install Antutu CPU Master and set the CPU to "on demand"
4) Use GMD HideBar to get rid of the task bar (run before running XBMC) http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthre...?t=1769761

Thanks j1nx. Did you do a factory reset after upgrading to g-box midnight?

Also has anyone rooted theirs? I did you use SuperOneClick with a USB cable between your computer and the TV Box?
(2012-10-22, 01:33)jr__ Wrote: Thanks j1nx. Did you do a factory reset after upgrading to g-box midnight?

Also has anyone rooted theirs? I did you use SuperOneClick with a USB cable between your computer and the TV Box?

The reason I flashed the GBox firmware is because it is rooted. Hence it is the only reason. It saves me the effort of the rooting process. The firmware on it self is not much different. (basically only root was added, maybe a tweaked file here and there)

Hi guys,

This might be borderline of SPAM, but I do have the best of interest for the AMLogic 8726-M3 hardware.

I worked out a campaign to be able to get our hands on the kernel and u-boot sources of the r16ref MBX hardware. This might push us into the possition to be able to really get going if it comes down to developing on these boxes.
http://www.j1nx.nl/crowdfunding/

It is not the prettiest solution, but it get's the job done!
(2012-10-30, 17:43)j1nx Wrote: Hi guys,

This might be borderline of SPAM, but I do have the best of interest for the AMLogic 8726-M3 hardware.

I worked out a campaign to be able to get our hands on the kernel and u-boot sources of the r16ref MBX hardware. This might push us into the possition to be able to really get going if it comes down to developing on these boxes.
http://www.j1nx.nl/crowdfunding/

It is not the prettiest solution, but it get's the job done!

I read it on your page around noon, I do not have money to support it but I hope this campaign / you will be successful. I think I will buy one if it is available.
Is there any chance you can up the spec to the dual core M6/MX?

With the dual core box coming soon on Oval Elephant for $99, not being a hacker I don't see the point in paying that for a single core box.
(2012-10-30, 20:04)pszab Wrote: I read it on your page around noon, I do not have money to support it but I hope this campaign / you will be successful. I think I will buy one if it is available.

No worries! Just help me spread the world, it is as important as the donating part.

I will make an announcement about it later but; Depending on how the funds get in and the flexible costs appear to turn out, I might end up with spare boxes.

I will donate those to enthusiast who helped the project, can help with coding, etc ... You could be one of those Wink

(2012-10-30, 20:38)Chris P Bacon Wrote: Is there any chance you can up the spec to the dual core M6/MX?

With the dual core box coming soon on Oval Elephant for $99, not being a hacker I don't see the point in paying that for a single core box.

Believe me. If me or someone else for that matter starts now! By the time you are at the exact point as I am now, launching the campaign, there are quad cores already Wink

The M3 is not old yet, hence even the M1 from the Pivos XIOS is perfectly suitable for XBMC purposes. We can't keep up with the latest and greatest, all we can do is extent the life time by building communities and software support.

(2012-10-30, 20:38)j1nx Wrote: No worries! Just help me spread the world, it is as important as the donating part.

I will make an announcement about it later but; Depending on how the funds get in and the flexible costs appear to turn out, I might end up with spare boxes.

I will donate those to enthusiast who helped the project, can help with coding, etc ... You could be one of those Wink

I do my best :-D I would like to see a cheap xbmc item, I found a lot of alternatives and posted them in the xbmc forum... mostly Amlogic ones because of Pivos developing...
BTW, I have never coded xbmc or linux graphics but I am coding embeded product.. boot, uboot, minimal linux driver... i.e I do not need usb-ttl serial adapter yet :-P

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Smart TV Box - AMLogic M3 STB4