.disc stubs: How to Create a movie folder with titled disc file from a list
Hi there,

I have been breaking my head to find a easy way to add my DVD's to XBMC. Aswell as many of you might know, now we can create disc stub files by creating a file with the movie name and add the extension .disc

Now I have been up all night, searching for a autmatic file creation tool to create a movie folder with movie.disc file inside for every movie in a list. Well to keep it short, finaly after some finding and a lot of fidling with code if found a way to do just that with Windows PowerShell.

First create a .csv file with all your dvd's. The first line in the first column has to be named "Name", under it paste your movies, every title in a new line in the same column :-)
Save the file as "Movies.csv" and put it in your Folder Of Choice (called hereafter FOC). Remember to replace symbols in your titles which won't work in directory names like : , é à ½ etc.

Start up Windows Powershell in administrator mode and use the following code with some changes for your own directory's:

Code:
Set-Location "C:\FOC\DVD Movies"
$Folders = Import-Csv ("C:\FOC\Movies.csv")
ForEach ($Folder in $Folders)
{new-item $Folder.Name -type directory}
ForEach ($Folder in $Folders)
{new-item ("C:\FOC\DVD Movies\"+$Folder.Name+"\"+$Folder.Name+".dvd.disc") -type file}

Now you can add the DVD Movies folder to XBMC and scan it with a moviescraper of your choice.
For me it worked like a charm.
the OldSkool Generation Gap

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
.disc stubs: How to Create a movie folder with titled disc file from a list1