XBMC uses 30% of my memory
Why did you start a new thread again?
merged the two and like already said many many times your windows uses way too much memory
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Slaps hand on forehead
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
Kingston rebates and ASUS warranties are WORTHLESS FRAUDS
(2012-09-26, 15:52)Apollo21 Wrote: prob cant help much with the fanart bit but i would sugest installing a ram saver prog
Don't do that.
Windows is optimized to use your RAM when it is not utilisied by other applications. As long as nothing behaves slow or sluggish - why would you even care about the memory usage? Just leave it be and be happy that it's using the RAM instead of a prone-to-be-malfunctioning SSD. SSDs are great for speed and all, but you want to limit the writing to it as much as possible.

(2012-09-26, 15:36)embedded Wrote: After investigating what is taking 30% of my ram I can say that adding a movie source and using theMovieDB for fanart
my memory usage jumps by 30%.
btw.: I'm running Steam, Sickbeard, CP, Sab, Anti-Virus, ... on startup and my memory-_usage_ peaks never over 10% when idling around.
With XBMC running it depends a little bit on what it's running inside XBMC, but when I'm scanning it peaks at about 1GB of usage (which is fine for me), as soon as that is done, it's back to under 100MB.

Quote:Does XBMC store its fanart data in memory?
Is it possible to move it to disk? I have SSD for it.
Dude... that would be... don't do that. If XBMC is caching those information in memory, it has a reason for it. Why would you want to stress your SSD while there is plenty RAM left? If Windows really exceeds the 100% of your RAM, it will put the stuff in the pagefile anyhow, so there is no sense to your actions.
And how in the world do you come to the conclusion that a bigass mediacenter program, utilizing a lot of features, is going to be using not much RAM, especially when reading all the information stored on your disk into your library...?

Again:
Does your system behave sluggish/slow? Then you should take care of your memory-problem (which probably isn't XBMC). It doesn't? So why do you even care?

(And just to be clear: XBMC does not have a memory-leak. Memory-leaks define the process of applications not releasing memory correctly when not needed. XBMC does reduce the RAM-usage when scanning is done, so that can't be the culprit here)
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

Amuse me.
Post screenshot of Win Task Manager, processes tab (sort by mem usage) and performance tab.
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
(2012-09-27, 17:52)MassIV Wrote: Amuse me.
Post screenshot of Win Task Manager, processes tab (sort by mem usage) and performance tab.

Resources:

You should have post an even smaller picture...
Also - the picture is very incomplete...
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

Sorry but that is unreadable and incomplete.
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
I've ran into something similair just recently on my main HTPC after a reinstall.
This time around I decided to have the artwork downloader drop all the fanart of movies (which are a lot, couple hundred) in a centralized location on my disk so I could use it as a source for a multiimage background in Aeon Nox's home.
This however seems to eat through memory, When I revert to using the video fanart option of Aeon Nox I don't experience massive memory consumption. I pinpointed this fast since this was an issue with MediaPortal as well which I used in the past.

I don't really like the video fanart option of Aeon Nox because it tends to show black backgrounds sometimes (dunno what's up with that, maybe it's my library somehow!?)

Running XBMC Frodo stable on WIn 7 X64 with 4GB of RAM. I've seen XBMC getting up to a gig of RAM usage.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC uses 30% of my memory0