Wii Remote with XBMC AND emulator
So I've been playing around with using a Wii controller as a remote for XBMC and found that the xbmc-wiiremote package works great right out of the box. However, it only works within XBMC (ie. I can't program ZSNES to use the buttons on my remote).

So, my workaround is to use wminput for general usage. Unfortunately, xbmc-wiiremote is a far better remote for usage within XBMC. Is there an easy way to get the best of both worlds? I can imagine a hack-ey solution using a script to kill and restart the respective programs, but I'd prefer something better, if it's possible.
I would think, since XBMC runs emulators externally, that getting your Wii remote to work with your emulators "within XBMC" is not possible. Even when you are launching an emulator game through Advaanced Launcher or RCB you are just opening a separate program outside of XBMC. I would think the best you could do is to find emulators that work with the Wii remote or to come up with a batch file to

1.) Exit XBMC
2.) Launch wminput
3.) Launch Emulator
4.) Load Rom
5.) Exit Emu
6.) Exit wminput
7.) Restart XBMC

Since there is no integrated games emulator in XBMC, you are stuck using a workaround, but I find it to work really well with a little care.
I was hoping to avoid killing and restarting wiimote daemons, but I think you're right; that might be the best way to do this. It's a bit of a pain to have to resync your wiimote every time you load a game, but it's not unbearable.
Wouldnt it work using expadder to simulate keystrokesHuh

I think it would. I will personally buy a bluetooth adapter because the wii mote feels awesome and minimalistic for xbmc.

Are you satisfied with using the wii remote as a remote for xbmc? It dosnt feal to heavy or clumpsy?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wii Remote with XBMC AND emulator0